• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

It would also potentially enable us to use a pitcher in trade.  Most teams need pitching, so we could swing a trade with one of our pitchers to acquire the SS that everyone wants, or something along those lines.

Adding Senga, and then in turn using one of our young pitchers to acquire, say, Adames, could be a great way to improve this team without having to dole out a mega contract.

that's totally fair, but i love it when teams just keep throwing arms at you. it's so frustrating to play against. if the angels were so deep that sandoval is going 4, there aren't too many series at all that you don't have the upperhand in match ups. imo, that's worth more than trading for adames.

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Lion might either be incredibly lucky or actually knows a few people. 

I think the Lion dude literally sprays around as many random tidbits of info as possible.  If you scan his info, he has a LOT of Tweets about literally everyone.  It is easier to look "right" when you literally cite every possible rumor you can, lol.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Why are people so fixated on Tim Anderson? I don't see why the White Sox, as a contender, would trade him away.

Same. If we trade for a shortstop, the impact guys like Anderson, Adames, and Rosario are really unlikely to move. And if they do, it'll cost a lot. I saw some yahoo on twitter earlier suggesting we trade Walsh, Fletcher, Adell, and Vera for Adames. I loled for a while after that one. 

We basically have two options. A mild improvement at shortstop which won't break the bank, or go big (sign or trade). Either way, we'll be hoping for some luck to break our way. 

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Same. If we trade for a shortstop, the impact guys like Anderson, Adames, and Rosario are really unlikely to move. And if they do, it'll cost a lot. I saw some yahoo on twitter earlier suggesting we trade Walsh, Fletcher, Adell, and Vera for Adames. I loled for a while after that one. 

We basically have two options. A mild improvement at shortstop which won't break the bank, or go big (sign or trade). Either way, we'll be hoping for some luck to break our way. 

If they indeed pass on the "big 4," I suspect SS will be the last spot they ultimately are able to address.  Right now, they appear to be going after all their other weaknesses - SP (Anderson), IF depth (Urshela), OF (Renfroe), and now BP (Estevez).  If they are not pursuing one of the top 4 SSs, they will likely have to wait for those 4 to choose their spots, then see if they can snag one via trade after the dust settles.

But at least for now they are indeed upgrading the other parts of the team.  Would like to see more OF depth and maybe another reliever too.  

30 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Great add!  Good enough numbers in Coors, I imagine it improves here.

I can't really get much of a read on his stats last season - they seem kinda contradictory at least in terms of home/away splits.  

Live arm, at least, and being away from Coors, he should (hopefully) be able to develop his secondary pitches - would like to see some more swing/miss in his game.  

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

If they indeed pass on the "big 4," I suspect SS will be the last spot they ultimately are able to address.  Right now, they appear to be going after all their other weaknesses - SP (Anderson), IF depth (Urshela), OF (Renfroe), and now BP (Estevez).  If they are not pursuing one of the top 4 SSs, they will likely have to wait for those 4 to choose their spots, then see if they can snag one via trade after the dust settles.

But at least for now they are indeed upgrading the other parts of the team.  Would like to see more OF depth and maybe another reliever too.  

Should we call them the big 3 now?