• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bring it on. I’m fine with them spending money.  

I don’t think that would be particularly unreasonable financially either. 

I feel like I read somewhere that Rengifo wasn’t the most popular guy in the clubhouse and that’s the only explanation to me as to why they’d be so interested in selling him now (and reported at deadline). Might be that there aren’t many arms available so they’re stuck waiting. 

If Angels lock up Swanson they can also dip into the many MIF prospects in a deal too. Heck, Suarez, Adell?, and Neto probably get things cooking for someone like Arraez at 2B and Swanson at SS. Ship Rengifo for an arm elsewhere to replace Suarez and this team looks really nicely set-up.

I feel like there’s a lot of ways SS, SP, and RP could go right now but they’re all contingent on certain things happening in a certain order.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I don’t think that would be particularly unreasonable financially either. 

I feel like I read somewhere that Rengifo wasn’t the most popular guy in the clubhouse and that’s the only explanation to me as to why they’d be so interested in selling him now (and reported at deadline). Might be that there aren’t many arms available so they’re stuck waiting. 

If Angels lock up Swanson they can also dip into the many MIF prospects in a deal too. Heck, Suarez, Adell?, and Neto probably get things cooking for someone like Arraez at 2B and Swanson at SS. Ship Rengifo for an arm elsewhere to replace Suarez and this team looks really nicely set-up.

Yeah.  I know a number here are somewhat lukewarm on Swanson, but Perry does know Swanson well from their time in ATL, so if he does pursue and sign Swanson, I'll have faith that he feels the improvement in Swanson's performance is sustainable moving forward.

11 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

So notably, in that regard, any team would effectively be acquiring Hendriks on a 2/29 deal, in terms of dollar commitment, given that his option becomes guaranteed.

I have to say I would very much like to have him in our pen.  A bullpen core of Hendriks, Estevez, Loup, Tepera, Herget, Quijada, and Barria sounds awfully good to me.

I Wantz Hendriks in BP

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Here’s my response to that, Arte has spent $69 million on salary for this coming year, since announcing he is selling the team.  

Cool? 

He still needs to spend a lot more to make this team competitive if he wants a shot at winning before selling

37 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

So, if Hendriks is available what would it take to get him? are the white sox trying to shed salary? he got 15is mil for one more year, and i believe an option that becomes guaranteed if he get trade for 15 mil. 30 mil over 2 years for a pretty damn good closer. If there trying to shed salary I'd do it. 

I'd rather have Hendriks than not have him, but it would be somewhat odd to trade Raisel Iglesias for Davidson and Chavez (who's no longer on the team) to get salary relief, then turn around a few months later and trade presumably more than someone at Davidson's level for Hendriks, who'll cost essentially the same as Iglesias for the next two seasons.  You'd still net out at one less year of a $15M+ commitment to a closer, but still seems like just shuffling chairs.

Edited by jsnpritchett