• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Staying internal until Neto is ready. Dropping a large contract commitment to a defense only shortstop when you have the answer only a year away is how to miss manage resources.

Short term the Angels could use an upgrade but long term they have that shortstop in the wings. I look at as saving 120 million or more which could be spread across the other roster holes over the next six years. 

Yeah, that has been my feeling until now. But I'm beginning to think we need to upgrade now and make a run this year. Dansby can be that guy. If Neto develops into the player they think he can be there will be a place at SS/2B next to Dansby in 2025.

Andrus is most likely the backup backup option. They will likely try to get one of the Big 4 but maybe around 5-6 years instead of 8+. If not, a trade. If not, a guy like Andrus. Which wouldn't be spectacular, but also wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He was relatively productive, and is leaps and bounds better than who we trotted out last year. My problem is is it 100% that he's better than Rengifo? 

1 hour ago, TempeAngel said:

What is your answer at SS?

Not Swanson. Last year he was a 116. That was the only full season of his career where he managed a wRC+ above league average. And his BABIP was high. 

If Minasian has the budget to spend, I'd be okay with any of the other three. If not, I wouldn't mind a trade if it isn't too costly in trade assets. I wouldn't love Andrus, but I'd prefer it to leaving the middle infield as is. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Staying internal until Neto is ready. Dropping a large contract commitment to a defense only shortstop when you have the answer only a year away is how to miss manage resources.

Short term the Angels could use an upgrade but long term they have that shortstop in the wings. I look at as saving 120 million or more which could be spread across the other roster holes over the next six years. 

Agreed, although I think they can likely find an upgrade on an expiring contract that doesn't cost too much (sub 10mil) for the year.  Someone to bridge the gap to Neto.  If Neto's development stalls, they can always pivot later, with a new owner, and acquire a SS at that time.

So many teams going after top 4 SS. With change of ownership other way Angels get one is an overpay. Would be tying up so much money in 3 players. I think Neto is SS of future for Angels maybe in 2024. Perry will find a solution for 2023. I sign another SP on shorter term with less money. If Cleveland wants to trade Rosario price will drop. They know halos are desperate for upgrade. Other options out there, halos will need money if they want to keep Ohtani.

9 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Not Swanson. Last year he was a 116. That was the only full season of his career where he managed a wRC+ above league average. And his BABIP was high. 

If Minasian has the budget to spend, I'd be okay with any of the other three. If not, I wouldn't mind a trade if it isn't too costly in trade assets. I wouldn't love Andrus, but I'd prefer it to leaving the middle infield as is. 

I keep coming back to it seems Braves are fine letting him walk and Twins are desperate to keep Correa. 

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Bogaerts would be a better addition.

So many teams going after top SS. Dodgers, Yankees, Philly, among others. If money is even top SS will pick teams that contenders every year. With new ownership and somewhat uncertain future for Angels I think top SS will not be coming here. That would tie up so much money in 3 players and with pending FA for Ohtani save the money. Neto could be only year away.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I keep coming back to it seems Braves are fine letting him walk and Twins are desperate to keep Correa. 

Especially considering the Braves have extended everyone and their dog on that roster already 

Swanson is a fastball hitter. The day he can’t catch up to them, his bat is 100% useless 

I really like Correa as I’ve stated before but Xander is right there with him for me. Xander just knows how to hit and get on base. We need more guys like that

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Especially considering the Braves have extended everyone and their dog on that roster already 

Swanson is a fastball hitter. The day he can’t catch up to them, his bat is 100% useless 

I really like Correa as I’ve stated before but Xander is right there with him for me. Xander just knows how to hit and get on base. We need more guys like that

Xander has been a lot healthier than Correa too.

Correa averaged 98 games per season from 2017-2019.

Granted he finally averaged 142 games per season in 2021-2022.

Edited by Angel Oracle

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wont be bummed if we sign Correa or Swanson, but for me it's Turner or Bogaerts. 

Here's how I see it playing out: Angels REALLY want Turner and probably be in the thick of it early on. However, one of Correa or Bogaerts are going to sign for a little more than the industry thinks and the FO will panic-offer Swanson 6/160 just to make sure they get one of their guys. 

Of course, I could be wrong and we could just finish 2nd for all four and end up trading for Miguel Rojas or something.