• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

He was also injured for part of that time.

Andrus had an OPS+ of 78, 78, 60, and 73 the previous four seasons before his 2022 season.

Yep, I cannot believe we're talking about 8m-12m for this Andrus, even for only a year.

I guess because Velazquez was so bad at the plate, we think we have to pay this kind of money for a fairly well below league average SS.

On 11/26/2022 at 12:05 PM, Stradling said:

Yes and Rendon can be a top 5 third baseman if healthy, Trout will be the MVP if healthy, Walsh will be really good if he returns to 2021 performance.  With Fletcher it’s not just health it’s approach. 

The closest I have come to praising Walsh this month.  

7 minutes ago, Trendon said:

He probably didn’t change his approach because he had a 100 wRC+ from the time he returned until he got injured again.

His approach is an issue, but the data shows that his average exit velocity dropped in 2021 and 2022 from where it was from 2018-2020, which shows he was clearly hampered by the injury.

He has barreled three balls in his career. I agree he was hampered by his injury.  It’s his approach which probably isn’t injury related. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He has barreled three balls in his career. I agree he was hampered by his injury.  It’s his approach which probably isn’t injury related. 

I don’t know why he got away from his 2018-2020 approach.

Hopefully he has the self-awareness to realize that he really needs to get back to it.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

I don’t know why he got away from his 2018-2020 approach.

Hopefully he has the self-awareness to realize that he really needs to get back to it.

I agree. If he does he’s more valuable than Andrus.  But Andrus is still more valuable than Soto or Velazquez. 

In terms of trade options for SS, another name that we could potentially consider would be Joey Wendle with the Marlins.  He's in his final year of arbitration.  He hasn't been strictly a SS, but he seemingly grades out fairly well there, is a LHH, and can play 2B/3B as well.

He would not be the most exciting acquisition, but he'd certainly improve the MI depth considerably, and he'll be cheap enough (~6mil) so that the FO should have enough financial resources to fill out other holes that we have.

27 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

In terms of trade options for SS, another name that we could potentially consider would be Joey Wendle with the Marlins.  He's in his final year of arbitration.  He hasn't been strictly a SS, but he seemingly grades out fairly well there, is a LHH, and can play 2B/3B as well.

He would not be the most exciting acquisition, but he'd certainly improve the MI depth considerably, and he'll be cheap enough (~6mil) so that the FO should have enough financial resources to fill out other holes that we have.

I’d prefer him over guys like Andrus, Kiner-Falefa, and Rojas.

1 hour ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Yep, I cannot believe we're talking about 8m-12m for this Andrus, even for only a year.

I guess because Velazquez was so bad at the plate, we think we have to pay this kind of money for a fairly well below league average SS.

Talking about as last resort. I think trade is coming

32 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Would Marlins trade him?

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Would Marlins trade him?

Probably.  The Marlins tend to look to dump payroll.  They also have Chisholm at 2B, Rojas at SS (who we could potentially trade for as well), and Berti, who rotates around spots.  Wendle is likely not part of their future, so I am assuming he would be expendable.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

I've been talking about Wendle since we missed on him one year ago today when the rays gave him away.  

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Mr Wendle's a bum