• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

18 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If you can't sign one of the top 4 or trade for a top SS then the answer is to keep Rengifo/Fletcher at that position and strengthen your rotation or bullpen. 

Nope. I’d give Andrus a year before hoping Fletcher is going to be useful again. 

1 minute ago, AngelStew43 said:

We must sign one of the four. I’d like Turner, but everyone is saying Philly or NYY.  Boegarts would be nice, I think Swanson is going to LA, with his friend, Freddy Freeman.  Correa is the one that I think our current owner prefers.

One more big SPLASH for Arte as he exits the door with his 3 billion

24 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If you can't sign one of the top 4 or trade for a top SS then the answer is to keep Rengifo/Fletcher at that position and strengthen your rotation or bullpen. 

That, or alternatively, pursuing a 2B like Segura, Wong, or Frazier which still strengthens your middle infield depth but not directly at SS.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes. We need a back up catcher, that won’t cost much.  We need bullpen help and none of the top guys are very attractive options. 

So, in this hypothetical, you’d rather spend money on Andrus and not spend on the bullpen?

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Important to ask which of the following tools the Halos need the most in a SS

Basic Defense, Optimum Defense, OBP, SLG, making contact 

I think optimum defense, obp would be the ideal fit. Of course you want a Correa or turner type, but they have to be realistic in terms of roster construction.

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

We must sign one of the four. I’d like Turner, but everyone is saying Philly or NYY.  Boegarts would be nice, I think Swanson is going to LA, with his friend, Freddy Freeman.  Correa is the one that I think our current owner prefers.

I like Boegarts, too. But I prefer Correa. My thinking is that he is likely the best bet to move to 3B and send Rendon to 1B in time.

Not a huge fan of the guy, but would be nice to add another moto bat.