• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

47 minutes ago, mmc said:

he was a guy I was hoping we'd target because I thought Anderson was gonna be way more expensive.  Much happier with Tyler for the same price.  Although I bet the rays turn him into something better than he's been somehow.  Can't imagine they'd spend that much on him otherwise.  

8 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

It is a very lazy, lackluster list.  Linking Cody Bellinger to us is ridiculous.  His best attribute is his CF defense, which is rendered moot on this team.  We also have 3 starting OFers.  He is not coming here to be a 4th OF.

I honestly wanted the Angels to take a change on him. I think a change of scenery can help him a lot.

But after Renfroe it makes no sense to be in on any of those guys now.

9 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

I agree with this.  So, to get to the next level, which is the playoffs & World Series, a  SS, with a bat, is needed.  We’re not getting there with Andrus at SS.

I don't get why some guys think Andrus is the answer at SS. He's slated for 2/20. Spend 5 minutes looking at his numbers and you can see it would be a mistake.

4 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I honestly wanted the Angels to take a change on him. I think a change of scenery can help him a lot.

But after Renfroe it makes no sense to be in on any of those guys now.

If the Dodgers can't fix him after all these years and opted to let him go instead of keeping him one last year, I am not too optimistic about other teams fixing him.  But even that part aside, even if we wanted him, he would not come to us.  He will go to a team that he will start daily and have a chance to establish himself.

28 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

It is a very lazy, lackluster list.  Linking Cody Bellinger to us is ridiculous.  His best attribute is his CF defense, which is rendered moot on this team.  We also have 3 starting OFers.  He is not coming here to be a 4th OF.

Unless a trade of Jarred Walsh is in the works.

5 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

I'm beginning to think the Angels should make a hard run at Dansby Swanson. 

He had his best hitting year on a walk season. Sound familiar? Even with that he is a career 95 OPS+ hitter so the chances he is below league average with the bat is too great to make a commitment to. This guy is fools gold. 

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He had his best hitting year on a walk season. Sound familiar? Even with that he is a career 95 OPS+ hitter so the chances he is below league average with the bat is too great to make a commitment to. This guy is fools gold. 

Only other year he beat league average was the Covid-shortened 2020. Both seasons saw him with a .350ish BABIP when his career norm is around .300 BABIP. Dude is gonna get at least $150m, and he probably will be a disappointment at half that. 

39 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I like his offense. He's had three straight nice years from age 26. He's only 28 and he's getting better. He's one of the best defensive SS's in baseball. Gold Glover. And he's a grinder. Led MLB in games played the last two years. He's younger and less expensive than the other 3 FA SS's.

What is your answer at SS?

12 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Only other year he beat league average was the Covid-shortened 2020. Both seasons saw him with a .350ish BABIP when his career norm is around .300 BABIP. Dude is gonna get at least $150m, and he probably will be a disappointment at half that. 

9 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

Staying internal until Neto is ready. Dropping a large contract commitment to a defense only shortstop when you have the answer only a year away is how to miss manage resources.

Short term the Angels could use an upgrade but long term they have that shortstop in the wings. I look at as saving 120 million or more which could be spread across the other roster holes over the next six years.