• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noah Syndergaard - Angels Agree to 1-Year, $21 Million Deal

Lhalo

55 minutes ago, nando714 said:

I’m mixed on it but 

angels are gonna have to overpay to get talent here. This isn’t a top destination at the moment. Especially with players that want to contend 

I’ll take this one year deal over any one year deals to a lot of the bargain picking they’ve done in the last 

Doesn't this apply to every club in the league? 

24 minutes ago, Lou said:

Can someone post a list of our 2nd round picks over the last decade? 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?team_ID=ANA&draft_round=2&draft_type=junreg&query_type=franch_round

2020 Kyle Busch

2019 Kyren Paris

2018 Jerimiah Jackson

2017 Griffin Canning

2016 Brandon Marsh

2015 Jahmai Jones

2014 Joe Gatto

2013 Hunter Green

2012 & 2011 no draft pick

4 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I understand the upside to this move, but 21 million for a guy who has thrown 2 innings the last 2 seasons combined and had a 4.24 ERA in 2019 seems very steep to me. He hasn’t been a great pitcher since 2018. Hope he can find that form

The  same thing could have been said about Ohtani last offseason. The only thing I was worried about with Ohtani was that he hadn't lost his velocity, after TJ. Noah threw 97 mph in his 2 innings before the end of last season. Anyone remember a couple of years ago when Taijuan Walker was past over because of his TJ surgery even though he had pitched 1 scoreless inning the year before.

1 hour ago, Tony Two Bags said:

The Braves gave 35 year old Cole Hamels a 1/18m deal in December 2019 which Makes the 1/21m deal for Thor seem like a bargain. 

I like this for the Angels. We haven't signed a FA SP with this much upside before. We are only 2 weeks into Free Agency. Many more moves to come. 

Yeah, if he stays healthy this is quite a reasonable deal.

7 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Anyone remember a couple of years ago when Taijuan Walker was past over because of his TJ surgery even though he had pitched 1 scoreless inning the year before.

The Taijuan Walker that had an era of 7.13 in the 2nd half of 2021?

Yeah, i remember him. 

Just now, zenmaster said:

We got our high risk, high reward guy so now we are going to sign Mr. Reliable Stroman. I think it will be announced in the next day or two. 

Hes my hope, too. And though those two wont make us WS winners, it males this team a hell of a lot more solid that we have been in years