• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noah Syndergaard - Angels Agree to 1-Year, $21 Million Deal

Lhalo

I mean it could get more interesting.  They could sign Verlander and then still trade for Castillo.  If you have Noah and Verlander you could trade the arms needed to get Castillo.  Then you team up Castillo and Ohtani in the future.  I don’t really want Verlander, but this is possible.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I mean it could get more interesting.  They could sign Verlander and then still trade for Castillo.  If you have Noah and Verlander you could trade the arms needed to get Castillo.  Then you team up Castillo and Ohtani in the future.  I don’t really want Verlander, but this is possible.  

Only issue with that is you, I can't believe I'm saying this, are starting to overdo it on the rotation. 
Sandoval, Suarez, and Ohtani were good last year, and Barria, Canning, and Detmers have shown promise. 

Bullpen needs help. Back-up catcher needs help. Arguably need a shortstop and potentially an outfielder if they make a Castillo trade. 
But I agree, that's theoretically in the realm. I'd be okay trotting out internal options at SS and first-half of the pen if they were able to snag Castillo, Amir Garrett, and another solid vet RP. Not as pretty, but it could work. Bachman could be a pen weapon too.

2 minutes ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Verlander and NS together is too many question marks. I’d like to see them trade for Gray AND Castillo. Pretty much willing to gut the farm for those 2. 

I would typically think this would be impossible, but Cincy has made so many weird moves of late, landing Castillo and Gray in one deal seems feasible.

Might need to part with two young SPs (since they're so focused on going cheap) so Suarez and Detmers/Canning/Barria/Bachman might be gone, but if you can land both of those for two arms, an OF, and a SS (Rengifo, Jackson, or another one of our top prospects) I would say go for it. Try and get Amir Garrett too, fuck it.

They're gonna get Scherzer, Syndergaard, Iglesias (or another big name closer), go internal with SS, and maybe spot another couple cheap adds for bullpen and 4th OF, much like Fowler, Watson, Cishek, Claudio, and Guerra. Book it.

Scherzer, Shohei, Syndergaard, Sandoval, Suarez for the rotation.

Edited by totdprods

7 minutes ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Verlander and NS together is too many question marks. I’d like to see them trade for Gray AND Castillo. Pretty much willing to gut the farm for those 2. 

Short contracts on those guys isn't that much risk but yeah, they aren't necessarily the future of the Halos' rotation. Especially Verlander as he is getting older

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

What am I missing here?  The pick they get if someone else signs Iglesias would still be a 2nd round pick.  Depending on who signs him, it could be a higher or lower pick in the 2nd round than the one the Angels would have based on their record from this season--but it would still be a 2nd round pick.  So they'd lose either their own 2nd rounder or the one from the team that signs Iglesias.

They don't get the other teams pick, they get a compensatory at the end of the 2nd round.

I think.

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They don't get the other teams pick, they get a compensatory at the end of the 2nd round.

I think.

A team that neither exceeded the luxury tax in the preceding season nor receives revenue sharing will lose its second-highest selection in the following year's Draft as well as $500,000 from its international bonus pool. If it signs two such players, it will also forfeit its third-highest remaining pick. If that team loses a free agent, it will be awarded a Draft pick immediately following Competitive Balance Round B. The 13 clubs that fall into this category during the 2020-21 offseason are the Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays, Braves, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, Mets, Nationals, Phillies, Rangers, Red Sox and White Sox.

So they'll lose their 2nd round pick, then if Iglesias signs somewhere else, get a pick after the 2nd round and competitive balance round B, so basically get a 3rd.

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

They're gonna get Scherzer, Syndergaard, Iglesias (or another big name closer), go internal with SS, and maybe spot another couple cheap adds for bullpen and 4th OF, much like Fowler, Watson, Cishek, Claudio, and Guerra. Book it.

The S five!

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Upton is the 4th outfielder.  

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Short contracts on those guys isn't that much risk but yeah, they aren't necessarily the future of the Halos' rotation. Especially Verlander as he is getting older

No the future remains, Shohei, Sandoval, Suarez, Detmers, Canning and Bachman.

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

A team that neither exceeded the luxury tax in the preceding season nor receives revenue sharing will lose its second-highest selection in the following year's Draft as well as $500,000 from its international bonus pool. If it signs two such players, it will also forfeit its third-highest remaining pick. If that team loses a free agent, it will be awarded a Draft pick immediately following Competitive Balance Round B. The 13 clubs that fall into this category during the 2020-21 offseason are the Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays, Braves, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, Mets, Nationals, Phillies, Rangers, Red Sox and White Sox.

So they'll lose their 2nd round pick, then if Iglesias signs somewhere else, get a pick after the 2nd round and competitive balance round B, so basically get a 3rd.

Yeah, I posted a link to this earlier in the thread. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Canning, Canning, Canning

Dude was drafted 4.5 years ago from a major college baseball program, and still hasn’t accomplished a whole lot yet.   When does that start?

Exactly. Maybe he puts it together and becomes the pitcher they hoped for. When it comes to prospects nothing is a sure thing. I guess we will find out next season.