• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noah Syndergaard - Angels Agree to 1-Year, $21 Million Deal

Lhalo

18 minutes ago, Revad said:

Why did Thor pick the Angels?  I saw somewhere he had $21M from two other teams and $23M from another.

Maybe because despite some of the fanbase thinking the org is a complete disaster, the players don't. He also knows Minasian from their time in Toronto when Noah was first drafted, so maybe he trusts him to build a good roster around two genuinely generational talents. There's a lot to like about the Angels.

Oh, and he looks like a surfer so it could just be that.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

For those who don’t subscribe, why is it such a good idea?

They’re hyping the win now mode. But he also said Rendon has struggled in his first two years. In 2021 he was injured. But in 2020 he had the equivalent of a 6 WAR season. So how is that struggling?

The bow tie bitches article is pretty annoying.  Do not recommend.  Lol what do these dip shits want ? The Angels situation is what it is.  They have to spend.  Everyone paying an inkling of attention knows this.  Arte has to spend more now to make the team competitive.  Isn't this what everyone wants ? Half the teams in baseball aren’t even trying.  The Angels are fuck ups.  We all know ! But at least they are trying to win.  They got a guy on a one year deal and this guy is talking about it being a desperation move and how ham strung they are ! Ah well.  The situation is desperate lol.  What the fuck is this guy talking about !? Anyway, I’m excited to have Thor in a halo’s cap next year.  I’m mildly optimistic they’ll be able to retain Ohtani in the future.  Presuming that there is more coming I think we’re in ok to good shape going into this upcoming season.  I think today has been a pretty good one the Angels.  Pitchers are expensive ! 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 minutes ago, nando714 said:

I’m mixed on it but 

angels are gonna have to overpay to get talent here. This isn’t a top destination at the moment. Especially with players that want to contend 

I’ll take this one year deal over any one year deals to a lot of the bargain picking they’ve done in the last 

Well, the truth is pitchers had no voice here..The hitters did in AP#5 & Trout... we haven't had a #1 pitcher that was worth the Top money in a very long time.

Ohtani isn't just the pitcher he is an everyday player #1.

Part of the push from mediocrity is the knowledge that Ohtani won't stay! There is nothing holding him here. No family, draft history, minor league development. He came, he started and has never left.

I'm excitedly optimistic!

The Ohtani ultimatum lurks behind everything the Angels do now. If the team doesn't make the playoffs in 2022, then 2023 will be a lame duck year totally distracting from everything else. Even if they do make the playoffs but don't go far, the drumbeats of doom will sound. 

That's why this off season is so important. They have to diffuse this storyline with solid upgrades. And most likely, big name additions. They need the optics now and the results during the season.

Not necessarily the best way to build a perennial contender, but the Ohtani factor seems to be a fact of life now.