• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noah Syndergaard - Angels Agree to 1-Year, $21 Million Deal

Lhalo

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

I get the feeling this FO will probably shy away from long contracts for SPs for the most part.  I don't see a Ray/Gausman/etc, or anyone who commands 5 or more years.

I think they will save that long-term contract for Ohtani, and instead search for shorter-term commitments for FA SPs.

Could be right. THis puts Verlander, Rodon, Kershaw, Gray, and Wood on the potential list. 

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I get the feeling this FO will probably shy away from long contracts for SPs for the most part.  I don't see a Ray/Gausman/etc, or anyone who commands 5 or more years.

I think they will save that long-term contract for Ohtani, and instead search for shorter-term commitments for FA SPs.

Trading for Catillo or Gallen would work for me!

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

As if this is the wrong way to be?

Arte is 75 years old and far richer now than ever before in his life.  Every person on earth in his exact situation would also be in “win now” mode.

Also have the two most talented players on the planet with a solid third-banana (Rendon) to boot. Even an average pitching staff takes us to the playoffs. 

53 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

This is one of those deals that we will look back on as amazing or total crap, I don't see much in between here.

If he has a semblance of health, I think he'll win 15 minimally. He's going to a new league and the hitters don't know him well.

30 minutes ago, floplag said:

I like it, dont really care about the draft pick right now this club needs to win at the ML level, now.
The only question i have is whether this is the beginning, or the end?  Is he the piece, or the compliment.
Will we still either go out and sign another to a longer term deal such as a Stroman, or make a trade for one such as the rumored Mia or Cin options.
If i had to guess right now, i think more likely a trade is coming as we still have other issues to address.
But this is definitely an encouraging start, i hope 🙂

I can't see this as the main option. I think the Angels are in on multiple pitchers. I read that we were close to getting E-Rod.

20 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Why do you say that? I hope you're wrong.