• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

7 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Re: Fletcher, something to think about is Maddon’s philosophy of ‘The Angel Way’. Fletcher seems like the type who fits that mold. 

Fletcher is likely being groomed tp turn into some sort of Zobrist-lite.  Obviously the power potential doesn't exist, but his ability to play all over the place, the newfound focus on milking walks coupled with his outstanding fundamentals makes him the closest thing to a Zobrist in the system..

Per the OC register article, oi think it was posted by Fletcher, the price might be less...
"The Indians are likely to want at least one young major leaguer, perhaps Luís Rengifo or Patrick Sandoval, along with at least one lower-level player. "
IF we could get it for that, i do it all day.   And i try to do it with Rengifo, and give maybe a slight upgrade on the secon player over Sandoval. 
2 guys intead of three guys works for me for 100% sure, thats worth the risk. 

I asked Fabian from the athletic about what it would take to get kluber and this was his response

I believe a trade (if they didn't want to include Marsh) would likely at least involve one from each of the categories listed above. So one of:

A young starter (Suarez, Sandoval)
A middle infielder (La Stella, Fletcher, Rengifo, maybe Thaiss)
A high-upside lower level prospect (Adams, Deveaux, Jackson, etc.)

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I asked Fabian from the athletic about what it would take to get kluber and this was his response

I believe a trade (if they didn't want to include Marsh) would likely at least involve one from each of the categories listed above. So one of:

Unless Kluber is damaged goods and about to fall off a cliff, why hasn’t this trade been completed already? Suarez + Rengifo or Thaiss + Deveaux wouldn’t be a bad trade for the Angels.

I have a feeling this isn't going to happen.  If they haven't agreed on players going the other way my guess is they will either package him and someone else for a higher group of players/prospects or they will take their chances and see how he pitches and if he returns to Ace form then they will get a Marsh level prospect at the deadline for him.

3 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Unless Kluber is damaged goods and about to fall off a cliff, why hasn’t this trade been completed already? Suarez + Rengifo or Thaiss + Deveaux wouldn’t be a bad trade for the Angels.

That’s a lot of control to give up for Kluber. Eppler may be the one poking around still to see if he can get someone who isn’t as risky and expensive as Kluber. 

I don’t care for Suarez or Sandoval but all it takes is one team to value them and they do have value given how expensive the pitching market is. 

Regnifo is a nice trade piece as well. He’s someone I could see breaking out next season after getting his feet wet last season.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have a feeling this isn't going to happen.  If they haven't agreed on players going the other way my guess is they will either package him and someone else for a higher group of players/prospects or they will take their chances and see how he pitches and if he returns to Ace form then they will get a Marsh level prospect at the deadline for him.

If it doesnt happen pretty quick, i would agree its not going to.  I think they think they can do better than, than now, so it will come down to how bad they really want to move that salary i guess.

19 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

F that.

25 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I've already gone over it. Those players should be traded for a younger SP.

We are not getting ace level upside without giving up Adell+

Keuchel is a pretty safe bet to give us a lot of decent innings, which is about as much upside as I think we can get from a young SP on the trade market.

thoughts from Indians message board:

"It's utterly ridiculous that they think Kluber can be obtained for their cast offs. It's like saying we'll take Ohtani for Mike Freeman, Cairo, and Sanquintin. It's just stupid."

and...

"Maybe I've just got the Northeast Ohio chip on my shoulder, but I'm getting sick of the west coast media trying to establish this narrative of what a Frankie trade should command."

west coast media!

Edited by Lou

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think one or both sides may be watching the market to see where it goes from here. Angels hoping some other guys get less than the inflated prices we’ve seen so far, while the Indians waiting for scarcity and a continued increase of prices to make Klube more valuable. The Indians don’t have to rush this. 

If it was seriously Thaiss/Rengifo, Suarez, and Deveaux, or something like that, I can’t help but feel it would be done already. Either Cleveland is bullish about someone being included that Eppler doesn’t want to move or someone wants to see where the market goes. 

here's a nice interesting video i found on Kluber (skip like the first 3.30 mins) 

I also do not believe that Kluber is broken, last year it was a small sample size, but control was the big issue. Alot of people saying the Kluber has lost some Velo, but it hasn't been a dramatic decrease, in 2016 he was averaging 92.3 mph on the heater and last year he was at 92 in 35 innings.