• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I like what I saw in Sandoval and I like what I saw in Thaiss.  I’d trade them both and their 12 years of club control for 2 years of Kluber. 

100%.  The reality is no quantity of Sandovals and Thaiss’s would really improve the Angels right now.  But Kluber would, and these next two years matter.

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

I like a stroman as a pitcher but I really prefer not to trade away prospects for a rental.

I agree, i assume any trade we make will not be a pure rental and we will try to keep them, im just saying we can make a deal mid season for an ace perhaps easier than we can now as there should be more available. 
Bottom line to me, right now, sign at least one quickly, maybe be a little patient on the second, but weve got to lock up one ASAP. 

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I like what I saw in Sandoval and I like what I saw in Thaiss.  I’d trade them both and their 12 years of club control for 2 years of Kluber. 

23 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

100%.  The reality is no quantity of Sandovals and Thaiss’s would really improve the Angels right now.  But Kluber would, and these next two years matter.

I like Kluber, a lot....had no problem with Rengifo and Devereaux, maybe another piece....but Sandoval may be close to being ready now, he showed that at times last year...better upside than any young starter who could help next year (Suarez, Barria)...just don’t want to give that up...

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of trading for Kluber and Price. But I can respect the Angels backing off negotiations. The farm is still the only avenue for the sustained success of an organization, and you don't want to deplete it. 

Many may not think very highly of Griffin Canning, Matt Thaiss, Pat Sandoval, Luis Rengifo and Jose Suarez, and while some of them may have heard of Adell, Marsh and Adams, most haven't seen them play yet. But these guys are the lifeblood of the future of this team. They are the 2020-2030 Angels. And they're by and large going to be MUCH better in the near future. 

You've got to be very careful in trades. That's a future you don't want to trade for the present.

Marsh, Adams, Adell, Thaiss, Sandoval and Canning should all be off limits in trade talks right now. There are other ways of acquiring the talent needed to win. You don't give those guys up until you don't have a choice. 

Right now, Eppler still has a choice. So I'd be out in Kluber too if he costs what it's rumored the Padres are offering. 

Just now, Lou said:

I don't see how anyone could be a fan of trading for Price and his $96 million contract

I doubt anyone will trade for Price without Boston eating a fair amount of money. I read the other day an article saying if Cozart took a 1st rounder to make him tradeable, Boston will either have to eat a lot of money or add a nice sweetener. Now Price has more value than Cozart but Boston will have to eat at least 30m, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

Honestly, I’m fine with it.  It’ll be OK to not hope and pray that a pitcher finds his form for us for once, and we’ll doing plenty of that anyway with Ohtani and friends.  Eppler will figure it out.  Never felt good about the Kluber option. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Honestly, I’m fine with it.  It’ll be OK to not hope and pray that a pitcher finds his form for us.  Eppler will figure it out.  Never felt good about the Kluber option. 

Me too. I bet they were insistent on asking for either Fletcher or Sandoval + and they used the Padres offer as a take it or leave it, so Eppler said. 

stephen colbert middle finger GIF

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The problem with trading a marsh, or an adell for a guy like gruber is that you dont know if youre getting the die hard or die hard 2 version.

No way you give up marsh for that silly airport takeover version.

dude, you're completely disregarding one of the all-time best performances in cinematic history

Barnes.gif

24 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The problem with trading a marsh, or an adell for a guy like gruber is that you dont know if youre getting the die hard or die hard 2 version.

No way you give up marsh for that silly airport takeover version.

Dude, know your Die Hard’s. It’s Die Hard or Die Hard With a Vengeance. The silly airport one had the naked general who did Kung fu.