• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

4 hours ago, floplag said:

i think thats what he wants to do, but if hes looking at trading for guys that are costing 15-20M he can surely sing one thats in the same range. 
He probably wants to trade for an upgrade, but if the money is comparable it matters not which bucket it comes from.  In fact unless its a clear upgrade, a la Kluber, youre betting of signing the FA and keeping the kids, can always make a trade at the deadline.

This is why I think when he says “trade” he doesn’t mean a Kluber-Price, but a cheaper Ray-Quintana-Boyd

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

This is why I think when he says “trade” he doesn’t mean a Kluber-Price, but a cheaper Ray-Quintana-Boyd

That’s what my impression was also. I take him to mean they have somewhere around 20-30m budgeted for pitching - enough for one guy but not two, meaning the second guy would either be a low end guy like Miley or a a trade form arbitration pitcher.

45 minutes ago, floplag said:

Youre likely correct.  Im just not much more thrilled over those names than i am those in FA.

You should be...

Here’s the Angels staff last year...

• Skaggs/Suarez (33 GS, 158 IP): 5.74 ERA
  • Heaney/Peters (32 GS, 164 IP): 5.15 ERA
  • Pena/Sandoval (31 GS, 135 IP): 4.75 ERA
  • Harvey/Canning (29 GS, 148 IP): 5.35 ERA
  • Cahill/Barria (29 GS, 133 IP): 6.99 ERA

Aside from the fact that it took 10 pitchers for 5 rotation spots is sad enough, it’s worse that no one even managed 100 IP. 

• Bundy (30 GS, 162 IP): 4.79 ERA
  • Quintana (31 GS, 167 IP): 4.80 ERA
  • Ray (33 GS, 174 IP): 4.34 ERA
  • Boyd (32 GS, 185 IP): 4.56 ERA
  • Gray (25 GS, 150 IP): 3.82 ERA

Any one of these guys could step into any rotation spot and it’s pretty much already a big improvement.

The Angels might even make the playoffs with that rotation last year, especially if Simmons and Upton held up. 

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

You should be...

Here’s the Angels staff last year...

• Skaggs/Suarez (33 GS, 158 IP): 5.74 ERA
  • Heaney/Peters (32 GS, 164 IP): 5.15 ERA
  • Pena/Sandoval (31 GS, 135 IP): 4.75 ERA
  • Harvey/Canning (29 GS, 148 IP): 5.35 ERA
  • Cahill/Barria (29 GS, 133 IP): 6.99 ERA

Aside from the fact that it took 10 pitchers for 5 rotation spots is sad enough, it’s worse that no one even managed 100 IP. 

• Bundy (30 GS, 162 IP): 4.79 ERA
  • Quintana (31 GS, 167 IP): 4.80 ERA
  • Ray (33 GS, 174 IP): 4.34 ERA
  • Boyd (32 GS, 185 IP): 4.56 ERA
  • Gray (25 GS, 150 IP): 3.82 ERA

Any one of these guys could step into any rotation spot and it’s pretty much already a big improvement.

The Angels might even make the playoffs with that rotation last year, especially if Simmons and Upton held up. 

I wasnt comparing them to our rotation but to what could still be had in FA.  Yes they would be upgrades to last year, but there are still better options available before going that route.