• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The more I think about Kluber and the cost that has been floated around for him, you gotta pull the trigger on this if they're asking for Sandoval (who I really like), Rengifo and Devereux.

Agreed. Gotta give something to get something. That would be a steal if he pitches like an ace. At worst, he may be a mid-rotation arm. Still an ok trade.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

The more I think about Kluber and the cost that has been floated around for him, you gotta pull the trigger on this if they're asking for Sandoval (who I really like), Rengifo and Devereux.

Fletcher said Rengifo seemed to be the Indian target....I bet you could get him without Devereux and Sandoval both.

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

Id give up Rengifo. Fletcher is a no go for me. Too valuable for what we're trying to do right now.

Fletcher also a huge fan favorite, young and cost controllable, elite defense and contact ability, doesn’t strike out. That’s the kind of guy you hang on to unless it’s in a trade you just can’t walk away from and it’s the only way to get it done. That isn’t Kluber. 

Just now, Sean-Regan said:

Fletcher also a huge fan favorite, young and cost controllable, elite defense and contact ability, doesn’t strike out. That’s the kind of guy you hang on to unless it’s in a trade you just can’t walk away from and it’s the only way to get it done. 

He's that guy everyone will regret getting rid of.... He has to potential to be a 4-5 WAR player every year with great defense.

Fletcher is untouchable unless its for someone like Thor or Buehler. I'd even be hesitant to trade him for Thor honestly.

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Despite my posts in this thread as I said it’s all about cost.  I would have no issues with the Angels trading those players for Kluber because the upside is still there and you’re not locked in long term. The Rendon signing made a guy like Rengifo have more value as a trade piece.  

17 hours ago, Second Base said:

So if their price has held firm, despite having one less year of team control and coming off injury, we can expect a package for Kluber to cost David Fletcher, Matt Thaiss and Brandon Marsh. 

Are you out of your frigging mind? That is a trade package for a pitcher much younger with team control. 

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I would have no problem with trading Fletcher since the acquisition of Rendon pushing him to utility role. It's the corresponding pieces that would go with Fletcher that becomes an issue.

Why do you think Fletcher is a utility player? If anything La Stella is a utility player....

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Good - I actually think I prefer this right now. Feels a little less volatile or likely for overpay like the top FA SPs are probably hovering at for now. They can wait out those guys a bit and see if the price is reasonable and jump then.

Trade for an arm now and then monitor the FAs.

9 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Why do you think Fletcher is a utility player? If anything La Stella is a utility player....

He has a lower ops than LaStella, right instead of left handed bat, and his value comes from being able to spell at Shortstop. At this point he is at his highest trade value with 4 years of team control but next season his starting role will be reduced to platoon. So if there is any suitor for a pitcher in trade, Fletcher is actually our best, expendable, trade chip.

Edited by Blarg

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He has a lower ops than LaStella, right instead of left handed bat, and his value comes from being able to spell at Shortstop. At this point he is at his highest trade value with 4 years of team control but next season his starting role will be reduced to platoon. So if there is any suitor for a pitcher in trade, Fletcher is actually our best, expendable, trade chip.

If he brings back a young good SP, I'd be all for it.

20 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Wonder if it would be a good idea to ask Cleveland for Permission to talk to Kluber and see if they can get him to sign an extension of 1 or 2 years and have him for 3 or 4 years.

No. He’s under club control for age 34-35. You don’t want to extend him now for 36-37 until his health and performance are fully assessed. Let’s see how 2020 goes first.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

boy, that jon heyman is way ahead of the game! "appear to be exploring" . . . even after public statements made by eppler and having endured the worst starting pitching in the AL last year. WAY TO KEEP PACE, JON!

I think he may just mean they’re looking more at trades than free agents at this point. Probably suggests prices are high and we’re getting tight on the budget. But you’re right - he tends to say a lot of nothing in general. 

FWIW, and I havent bothered to look at next winter yet, but...

If we cant land bonafide answers, as in effective pitching that is affordable (in both money and prospects), id prefer to wait it out. The core of trout, rendon and ohtani isnt going anywhere...

Another thing to consider. If we cant land what we actually need, I wouldnt mind taking a page out of Beanes pkaybook, and grabbing certain players with full intent on them not making sense for us, but being huge chips at the trade deadline.

It wouldnt happen, but say (and I think Doc mentioned this last night) we bail boston out, take one price to also get betts. Betts doesnt make sense for us with adell. But, adell could be eased in more slowly next year, we gamble betts does his mvp before contract thing, and flip him to whoever at the deadline for an actual need.

Just a thought.

i may be alone on this, but i'm very skeptical of la stella being good again. i think last year was clearly an outlier season for him and not the norm from this point forward.  i don't think we'll see him be as good as he started off last year any time soon. i hope i'm wrong.

i'd have zero problem moving him in a deal.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i may be alone on this, but i'm very skeptical of la stella being good again. i think last year was clearly an outlier season for him and not the norm from this point forward.  i don't think we'll see him be as good as he started off last year any time soon. i hope i'm wrong.

i'd have zero problem moving him in a deal.

That possibility is legitimate and is another reason why Fletcher is basically off the table for me.