• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Would you guys trade Adell for Lindor?  I might.

No only because Adell is league minimum and 6 years of club control. I still think a good play is to package Marsh in a deal for a starter and then get Betts in free agency next offseason. Can you imagine that offense??

Pipe dream I know.... but it would be truly spectacular.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah but this team needs to lock down some upside in that rotation

I’d prefer certainty tbh. But yeah, if Kluber pitches anything resembling the 2018 Kluber then it’d be a coup. 

I doubt that Kluber will be the only addition they make for the rotation, though. Hopefully Eppler will look for some near certainty just incase.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Would you guys trade Adell for Lindor?  I might.

That's tricky. On face value, yes. Lindor is a 26-year old superstar with two years of club control. On the other hand, Adell will be 21 and has six full seasons of club control, three of them very cheap. Hard to balance the surething of Lindor, but heftier price tag (and uncertainty about being able to re-sign him in a couple years) with the youthful upside and value of Adell.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

We could offer something else, but we have a log jam in the infield now and the Indians aren't just going to give away Kluber.

Yeah but Fletcher is our leadoff man to me. Slap hitter that puts the ball in play and a great defender. La Stella and Rengifo are expendable to me.

I just think if we get rid of Fletcher we will seriously regret it.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

That's tricky. On face value, yes. Lindor is a 26-year old superstar with two years of club control. On the other hand, Adell will be 21 and has six full seasons of club control, three of them very cheap. Hard to balance the surething of Lindor, but heftier price tag (and uncertainty about being able to re-sign him in a couple years) with the youthful upside and value of Adell.

The biggest problem with a guy like Lindor is being able to afford him with Trout and Rendon.  

1 minute ago, Angels_Fan said:

I’d prefer certainty tbh. But yeah, if Kluber pitches anything resembling the 2018 Kluber then it’d be a coup. 

I doubt that Kluber will be the only addition they make for the rotation, though. Hopefully Eppler will look for some near certainty just incase.

We can still get certainty on the FA market. Just sign Keuchel, or if he's too much a guy like Teheran. There isn't a lot of upside available but we can solve the risk problem by bringing in multiple guys.

Just now, Stradling said:

The biggest problem with a guy like Lindor is being able to afford him with Trout and Rendon.  

Yes. Plus you've got Ohtani not far behind for a huge pay-day. Of course you could say that Lindor's next contract would replace Pujols, and Ohtani's would replace Upton's. Sorta. Still, by 2024 you'd have four guys making ~$140-150M a year between them.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We could offer something else, but we have a log jam in the infield now and the Indians aren't just going to give away Kluber.

I feel like Suarez goes as the main piece. Kluber is 34? Coming off an injury plagued season and was awful when he did pitch. You don’t trade away Fletcher for a gamble like this. At least you better not.

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Yeah but Fletcher is our leadoff man to me. Slap hitter that puts the ball in play and a great defender. La Stella and Rengifo are expendable to me.

I just think if we get rid of Fletcher we will seriously regret it.

La Stella isn't going to have much if any value on the market right now. He's also left handed and capable of being a good lead off hitter.

Kluber for Rengifo straight up.  Maybe one more prospect in the bottom part of our 30.  That's it.  He's actually entering his age 34 season, coming off injury, and has one year plus and option.  I like the idea of getting him, but frankly, even the deal I've mentioned is risky.  I'd rather trade Rengifo for a young starter with some top of the rotation potential who is just now ready for the bigs.  

4 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Angels could leverage age, contract length, and durability concern to likely lower cost. Maybe LaStella, Jones, Adams, Ward.

They might listen on Adams but the other three don't move the needle at all. It might take Fletcher and Adams to get a deal done. They are going to want a more finished product in the deal, IMO. 

Just now, Dochalo said:

Kluber for Rengifo straight up.  Maybe one more prospect in the bottom part of our 30.  That's it.  He's actually entering his age 34 season, coming off injury, and has one year plus and option.  I like the idea of getting him, but frankly, even the deal I've mentioned is risky.  I'd rather trade Rengifo for a young starter with some top of the rotation potential who is just now ready for the bigs.  

But you won't get that for Rengifo alone. I like him a lot, but I don't think he nets that kind of starter (if you mean a Forrest Whitley or Mackenzie Gore type).

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I would too but who is that? Teams aren't exactly lining up to trade those guys. Also no way Rengifo get's you a guy even as good as Griffin Canning.

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Rengifo is a good bullet to save for the Cubs if we want to entertain the possibility of Contreras although it really doesn’t sound like we are

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Guys, I would shit myself if this actually happened, But do you think the Indians would do this?

Angels send: Simmons, Fletcher, Suarez or Barria, Soriano and Jordyn Adams

Indians send us: Lindor and Kluber

If we can substitute Soriano with someone else then maybe. Arte would need a plan to keep going after starting pitching. But it shouldn't matter with Kluber and Lindor being off payroll within 2 years.