• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

6 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I feel like Suarez goes as the main piece. Kluber is 34? Coming off an injury plagued season and was awful when he did pitch. You don’t trade away Fletcher for a gamble like this. At least you better not.

If I'm Cleveland I'm probably just going to hold on to Kluber if that's the offer. If they are good with that I'd almost be concerned that they thought he was toast.

7 minutes ago, Bronson said:

No only because Adell is league minimum and 6 years of club control. I still think a good play is to package Marsh in a deal for a starter and then get Betts in free agency next offseason. Can you imagine that offense??

Pipe dream I know.... but it would be truly spectacular.

Take on price's contract to get betts now, sign his extension, flip adell for bueller, promote marsh now, and trade justin upton to justin verlander for kate upton, and finally sign tonya harding to a one day contract to break cole's knee at the yankee presser.

And then sign maldonado.

Best. Offseason. Ever.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Seven starts, a freak injury. Yes, there's risk, but he was one of the best in the game from 2014-18. He's worth the risk, I think.

I get at this point there’s going to be risk involved with just about anyone we’re talking about but Fletcher for 34 yo Kluber. 

I seriously hope Eppler is better than that. And I’m actually in favor of trading Fletcher for the record

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Guys, I would shit myself if this actually happened, But do you think the Indians would do this?

Angels send: Simmons, Fletcher, Suarez or Barria, Soriano and Jordyn Adams

Indians send us: Lindor and Kluber

Shit, this deal would put payroll roughly around $192M so it's DEFINITELY possible. 

Trade-wise starts with Adell so i'd then say no.

Lineup of Lindor/Trout/Rendon/Ohtani/Upton/Adell/Pujols/LaStella/Stassi would be stupid good

Rotation of Kluber/Ohtani/Bundy/Heaney/Canning/Pena is a good step in the right direction 

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

Is Trout and Rendon the best 1-2 punch in baseball now?

Hitting-wise, almost certainly. Just scanning the Fangraphs leaderboards for wRC+, I think the only real competition would be Alvarez/Bregman, but we don't know how Alvarez will adjust to a full season. Of course the Astros could swap in Springer or Correa and still remain in contention.

Betts/Martinez is pretty good, but were down last year.

So yeah, Trout/Rendon is the best 1-2 hitting tandem in the major leagues right now.

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

I get at this point there’s going to be risk involved with just about anyone we’re talking about but Fletcher for 34 yo Kluber. 

I seriously hope Eppler is better than that. And I’m actually in favor of trading Fletcher for the record

I really like Fletcher, but let's not overrate him. He's a quality regular at this point with lots of club control and roster flexibility, but he's a league average hitter with limited upside. In two or three years Rengifo and Jahmai Jones might both be at least as good.

For 2020, the Angels don't need all three of Fletcher, La Stella, and Rengifo, and Fletcher has the most trade value. 

I really like Fletcher, but let's not overrate him. He's a quality regular at this point with lots of club control and roster flexibility, but he's a league average hitter with limited upside. In two or three years Rengifo and Jahmai Jones might both be at least as good.

For 2020, the Angels don't need all three of Fletcher, La Stella, and Rengifo, and Fletcher has the most trade value. 

He’s making league minimum, is under club control for many years, can play multiple positions, and is at worst a league average player (with room for more). Those guys are very valuable.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I totally agree with all of that I just think Kluber is attainable without including Fletch.

Fletch has the most value and for Fletch I’d like to see us get back someone with some control left and cheaper contract. 

1 minute ago, Angels_Fan said:

He’s making league minimum, is under club control for many years, can play multiple positions, and is at worst a league average player (with room for more). Those guys are very valuable.

Yes, they are. So are two-time Cy Youngs just one year removed from being a CY caliber pitcher.

In a neutral context, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over trading Fletcher for Kluber. But given the team's needs, I'd be ecstatic. 

Yes, they are. So are two-time Cy Youngs just one year removed from being a CY caliber pitcher.

In a neutral context, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over trading Fletcher for Kluber. But given the team's needs, I'd be ecstatic. 

I would be far more content with it if we actually knew we’d be getting the actual Kluber and not an imposter with his name only.