• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

But you won't get that for Rengifo alone. I like him a lot, but I don't think he nets that kind of starter (if you mean a Forrest Whitley or Mackenzie Gore type).

no.  not that good.  but I think people are under estimating Rengifo's value. 

Another guy to target that I think could break out with the right coaching and someone who actually reminds me a bit of Kluber is Joe Musgrove.  

A few things....

1. Trout tweeted an emoji of pancakes. I'm thinking tomorrow morning, the trade will be finished.

2. It's a rarity that Fletcher even confirms who the Angels are talking to. That's how advanced the talks are at this point.

3. The Angels are running short on LHB, so I don't think La Stella or Marsh will be involved.

4. Eppler had said multiple times he's receiving calls about the major league ready talent in this team. So the group of players involved in this deal will largely be comprised from the following: Canning, Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Fletcher, Rengifo, Thaiss, Walsh and Ward.

5. Cleveland doesn't need the Angels 5th starter depth, they have their own. What they need is a starting 2B that can move to SS if necessary, a starting outfielder and some relief depth  It's a lot to give up for one year of Kluber, but that just sort of how the pitching market has shaped up.

My guess is tomorrow they'll announce the Angels acquiring Kluber for Rengifo, Adams and a relief prospect only a couple people here have ever heard of.

Edited by Second Base

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Interesting trade proposals by some of the indian Fans.

1st think i also noticed was that they know that Kluber does not have high value

1. most are looking at Marsh, but some are also considering Jones as a center 

2. interesting proposal was Kluber for Upton, Salary would have to fixed on this trade....But i'd do it.   

Interesting thought, hard to pull off though and I doubt Upton goes for it.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Madison Bum is 30, has a higher career bWAR and will only cost money. Kluber is 33 and will cost players and money. Hell, Ryu's lasts 2 years are really really good and he will also only cost money.

MadBum wants, and will probably get a 5 year deal.  We have a lot more flexibility with Kluber

11 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

MadBum wants, and will probably get a 5 year deal.  We have a lot more flexibility with Kluber

So then he will be around the same age when Cory is a FA. Why trade like 2 MLB or 2 prospects for 2 years of Kluber and 35 million dollars he's owed when you can just get 5 years of Madbum for like 20 million or so a year and keep your players?

Just now, beatlesrule said:

So then he will be around the same age when Cory is a FA. Why trade like 2 MLB or 2 prospects for 2 years of Kluber and a 35 million dollars when you can just get 5 years of Madbum for like 20 million or so a year and keep your players?

My opinion of Bum aside, he has a QO attached. It isn’t just money.

8 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

It's one year with another option year. If he's close to normal it's a great deal

Depends who the Angels give up for him.  I wouldn't give up Canning and/or Fletcher for one to two years of Kluber.

Edited by VariousCrap