• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

La Stella has more upside for 2020, at least offensively, and only had one more year of club control. If he plays well and the Angels are struggling in July, he’s a good trade piece. Either way, you keep him and one of Fletcher/Rengifo to start the year. 

There is one way that you can keep both LaStella and Fletcher on the field and that is pivot LaStella to 1st base and right field. Until Adell cracks the everyday lineup LaStella can play the outfield and spell Pujols on days he is DH or for better matchups. That puts Fletcher on 2nd base and leadoff, and should it be necessary swap him out with LaStella for the same reasons of matchups. 

This makes Rengifo expendable for trade. Who the trade partner would be I cannot say, there are a lot of 2nd basemen out there so he would have to have his SS skills marketed as well.

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Fletcher is not a platoon player and isn't going to lose at bats with the addition of Rendon.  

What is his position? He will not take time from Simmons. LaStella earned his role last season and Maddon knows him (yeah, old school cronyism). Right field will be Adell's by May. Unless LaStella is relegated to a platoon role in right and first base, Fletcher is not going to get much playing time.

Edited by Blarg

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

By the way, having to decide between Fletcher and LaStella is a shit ton better dilemma than between Giavotella and Featherston.

Hey Giavotella got some HUGE hits in his time with us.

I got nothing but respect for him and honestly thought he was underrated.

Fletcher, by far, is the best defensive 2B we have. La Stella is not close in that regard. However, I can see Tommy picking up playing time against RHP, particularly in the DH, 1B, 2B, and RF spots, possibly. Literally, he will be a utility guy as he should be barring injury and even then there might be other players who step up into the Majors before him.

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@Jeff Fletcher, off topic for this thread, but any chance youll be putting out a story at some point on how the cole sweepstakes went down?

I assume the FO wont say too much, but maybe timelines or something as to when we moved on?

The more time that passes the more likely they are to talk about it. As of now, Cole hasn’t even officially signed with the Yankees. 

👀

@Jeff Fletcher, if no one else is going to ask you, I will..

What's with the Twitter stuff the other day?  You sent this forum into full hysteria.

There were 7 heart attacks, 241 panic attacks and two episodes of people peeing in their pants.

Edited by True Grich