• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

mmc

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I’m guessing the two teams are at an impasse on whether it is just two or three of the named players. Don’t be surprised if Cleveland waits for a better offer and Eppler moves on.

Why you gotta cramp our styles, AJ?

1 minute ago, Angels_Fan said:

It also makes one wonder why the Indians would trade a potential ace on an affordable contract for just Rengifo and Deveaux. 

They aren't negotiating from a position of strength like last year with San Diego where it seemed obvious that he was an ace with three years of control and with it without him, they'd walk to an AL Central crown. 

Fast forward a year, and he only has two years of control and is coming off injury, and the Twins look to have or them in the rear view. Plus financially, they're at their limit, and with a great young pitching staff, they can still compete, they just need to acquire financial flexibility and the necessary prospects to fill like the gaps in their farm system. 

The Angels match up really well. Cleveland frees up almost 20 million, gets a starting 2B with 6 years of control playing at the league minimum, and a lottery ticket.

24 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

In order of preference:

1. Kluber

2. Ryu

3, Keuchel

4. Bumgarner

5. Price

Kluber that far ahead of Bum? Why? 

IMO Bumgarner should be at the top. No prospect loss, still only 30.

Bumgarner, Teheran, and a good catcher and I'd be thrilled, though I really like Keuchel and Ryu too. A lot of options!

3 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Couldn’t they do a lot better than Rengifo and Deveaux, assuming Kluber is still Kluber?

1. I don't think teams can deal from the position of assuming Kluber is still Kluber.

2. One year of control isn't worth a ton of prospects, at least it hasn't been recently.

3 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

1. I don't think teams can deal from the position of assuming Kluber is still Kluber.

2. One year of control isn't worth a ton of prospects, at least it hasn't been recently.

He could be had for potentially two years. I’m just worried that the Indians know something about Kluber that other teams don’t. But if the cost is only Deveaux and Rengifo, it’s a risk worth taking.

18 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

He could be had for potentially two years. I’m just worried that the Indians know something about Kluber that other teams don’t. But if the cost is only Deveaux and Rengifo, it’s a risk worth taking.

He was injured for most of 2019 and he’s 34 so he might not bounce back. Salary dump + get an asset back. 

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

What do you think it would take? You’re only getting two years of Lindor and Kluber. 

Considering they’re talking Lux/May + for Lindor only with the Dodgers, we’re going to have to start our offer with Adell.

Does anyone else feel like the Dodgers may be in play for Kluber and Lindor since they've been linked to Lindor, and that's why we didn't get a deal done with Cleveland yet for him?

They may feel spurned that we got Rendon and they didn't get jack crap at the WM, so they may swoop in and try to cockblock us. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does anyone else feel like the Dodgers may be in play for Kluber and Lindor since they've been linked to Lindor, and that's why we didn't get a deal done with Cleveland yet for him?

They may feel spurned that we got Rendon and they didn't get jack crap at the WM, so they may swoop in and try to cockblock us. 

I wouldn’t blame them if they did.  If you could work a deal to get those two and have it not destroy your farm wouldn’t you?  It has nothing to do with the Angels and everything to do with improving your team.  If they make this move they don’t have any need for Ryu so it saves them a few million.

5 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

The Dodgers couldn’t care less about what we’re doing right now. 

They’re trying to win a World Series, period.

Dodgers don't care about what we're doing, but they are not trying to win a World Series. They are trying to competitive annually on a budget. The budget is higher than most teams but it seems like they won't exceed it to win. 

I listen to the Ringer NFL podcast and they have an anecdote. A team president told them it's easy to figure out who the good teams are because only a handful of teams are actually trying to win the Superbowl. Everyone else is just trying to be good and hoping for the best (or not even really trying). I think that applies here. 

Y6KgwyUE_reasonably_small.jpg

Impossible to say. But I know the Angels are trying now. Could be tonight, could be in a month.
Quote Tweet

default_profile_normal.png
#ken@anaheimhills

@KenRowen
·
Replying to @hoynsie and @TrentRushSports
What is realistic timetable for us to know if Angels will land a 1 & 2 pitchers or we face another year of misery?