• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The thought his numbers would normalize when he isn't pitching half of his games using one way to approach hitters and another using another.  He's younger than the other options.  More strike outs than innings pitched.  Good ERA except in 2018.  

Fair enough, thanks

3 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Would like to see us trade for one of the Marlins young starters. Maybe a combo of Ward, Rengifo/LaStella, and a minor league arm might get it done.

Caleb Smith is kind of interesting if the price is right. Not as our primary SP but if he was behind someone fairly high impact like Kluber or Ryu it could be alright. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This guy would have been nice to secure if the Angels know they have to deal Sandoval to acquire a top of the rotation guy. 

Much better than Martin Perez and cheap.

He’s only topped 20 GS three times, 2019, 2015, and 2009. No thanks. 

Edited by totdprods

49 minutes ago, floplag said:

Someone help me out here on the Gray love, i dont see it.   His numbers away from Coors are not stellar and his career numbers are not nearly as good as some other sin this conversation. So why is this guy so high on some people lists?  What am i missing here? 

1st round pedigree, nasty stuff, but pitches half his games in Coors. It's not easy to pitch half your games in Coors and it's going to put a dent in your career numbers because it's just so different, like Stradling mentioned. You go from pitching in Coors one day to a completely different environment the next, it's not easy. I can't think of many Rockies pitchers that have been consistent year in and year out.

I'm fairly confident that if he pitched half his games in Angel stadium, he could put up a 3.50 ERA (or better) with a ton of strike outs and just filthy stuff.

52 minutes ago, floplag said:

Someone help me out here on the Gray love, i dont see it.   His numbers away from Coors are not stellar and his career numbers are not nearly as good as some other sin this conversation. So why is this guy so high on some people lists?  What am i missing here? 

Pretty similar situation to Zach Wheeler I think. The stuff is there and he could get a lot better. 

Edited by totdprods

10 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

1st round pedigree, nasty stuff, but pitches half his games in Coors. It's not easy to pitch half your games in Coors and it's going to put a dent in your career numbers because it's just so different, like Stradling mentioned. You go from pitching in Coors one day to a completely different environment the next, it's not easy. I can't think of many Rockies pitchers that have been consistent year in and year out.

I'm fairly confident that if he pitched half his games in Angel stadium, he could put up a 3.50 ERA (or better) with a ton of strike outs and just filthy stuff.

his road splits were not good though... i get it different approaches etc... so were basing this on potential over reality to date... ok, got it 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

his road splits were not good though... i get it different approaches etc... so were basing this on potential over reality to date... ok, got it 

Ummm sure dude. Gray had a similar year last year to pretty much all of the free agents we are looking at, aside from Ryu. However, his upside is higher than them as of now and he is only 28.

And I mean, there is also the fact that he’s pitched at Coors his whole career, which can be extremely frustrating for a pitcher, but you don’t care about that, nor take that into consideration. 

which kind of makes you a bit annoying to me. 

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Ummm sure dude. Gray had a similar year last year to pretty much all of the free agents we are looking at, aside from Ryu. However, his upside is higher than them as of now and he is only 28.

And I mean, there is also the fact that he’s pitched at Coors his whole career, which can be extremely frustrating for a pitcher, but you don’t care about that, nor take that into consideration. 

jimmies GIF

7 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Actually i 100% did take that into account as noted by the whole home road thing.  As for the rest... meh, i wont lose sleep over it 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

The thought his numbers would normalize when he isn't pitching half of his games using one way to approach hitters and another using another.  He's younger than the other options.  More strike outs than innings pitched.  Good ERA except in 2018.  

Basically the idea is that he is pretty good at doing the things he has control over

Last three years qualified SP 

BB/9 - 2.81 (45th),  
K/9 - 9.26 (35th),
HR/9 - 1.17 (43rd), 
GB% - 48.8 (20th).   

His FIP over that span -- 3.82 (32nd)

One more...

His fWAR over that span ranks 26th...  Ahead of guys like Marcus Stroman, Sonny Gray, Tanaka, Archer, Lester, Ryu, Ray, Hamels and a bunch of other name brands people here have wanted to acquire.

I like the gray idea, or someone like him, simply because if were trading pieces to add someone, I hope its for at least a more long term solution that a 1 or 2 year deal.

Sign a guy short term, sure. But with what little there is to trade, id rather a gray type, even if hes just a number 3, and have that taken care of for a few years so we dont have to worry about it. 

Padres definitely have the prospects to get the deal done. The original source [Boor] is  verified by the Indians’ mods. Inside the thread, another dude is claiming the Padres are offering up their #3, #8, #25 prospects plus one more. 

would love to see the dodgers get fucked out for Lindor.