• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Perez was one of the guy I would have been curious to take a flyer on.  Seems like a fair price.  

Hard pass on Martin Perez. I'm glad he signed elsewhere. 

Annotation 2019-12-12 192133.png

Also, no flyers. Unless you're talking about a Missing Starting Pitcher flyer to post all around the city of Anaheim. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah those two and one or both of Barria and Suarez over Sandoval, Rengifo and Devo.

I'm with you on this one. Sandoval's velocity increase was among the most drastic I have ever seen. I watched him plenty in the minors and he was NEVER touching 96. And if we, as casual fans notice this tall lefty throwing in the mid-90's with some eyebrow raising numbers in the minors, you know other teams scouts have taken notice too.

Despite not having a clear spot to consistent playing time, I'm simply not interested in trading Sandoval, Thaiss or Canning. I'm not saying they're untouchable, like Adell, but I am saying that I think the Angels can afford to use other assets to acquire what they need. Rengifo, Barria, Jones, Goodwin. If you combine those players along with money (taking it on that is), then the Angels suddenly make very attractive trade partners.

There is a way to build a winner and preserve the young talent on this team and on the farm.

Edited by Second Base

4 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Seems like Ryu maybe  pissed at the Dodger. Mlbtraderumor just posted an article out, with Ryu basically telling them that he's isn't a priority for them.

maybe time for Billy to grab him and than make a trade for Kluber.

Not that it means anything, but aside from Reddit guy, I don’t think the Angels have been linked to Ryu at all aside from speculation from writers.

I also think that he’s going to be much too expensive since he’s in line more for a high AAV/short-term deal. That probably limits the Angels to trading for the other arm, someone with a less than $10m salary, meaning a big prospect cost for anyone good. 

I also think there are too many teams out there who missed out on the big FA SPs - CIN, STL, MIN, CWS, TOR - that will be willing to overpay for him. 

Bumgarner’s likelier - even if less attractive - simply because he has durability on his side in comparison and would have an AAV that allows the Halos some flexibility now and in the future.  

4 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

feels like the Dodgers might be looking at a Lindor and Kluber trade.

That’d certainly explain why an Angels-Kluber deal hadn’t happened yet. Dodgers could blow us out of the water and I’m sure Eppler is balking at increasing our prospect offer with so many comparable options still in play. 

17 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Feinsand notes that the Red Sox have no desire to attach a desirable young player such as Andrew Benintendi to Price in order to simply shed the remainder of his contract. The Athletic’s Chad Jennings offers a similar sentiment (subscription required). “I don’t think we’d ever want to rule anything out,” chief baseball office Chaim Bloom of parting with prospects to help facilitate a Price trade (quote via Jennings). “But so much of what we’re always going to be trying to accomplish, but certainly now, is to make sure we have as strong a farm system as possible.”

Not that there was much before but if this is true than there is ZERO reason to even entertain the thought of Price

5 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I thinks it's going to depend o  the teams and how much they are willing to spend on Ryu knowing his history.

Out of all the pitchers, he has been talked the least. last rumor about him was from the Twins and Cardinals.

Twins are in need and have a ton of cash to spend - they were always going to be hard-pressed to nab Strasburg or Cole, so their only choice might be dropping something like 3/$100m or 4/$120m in order to get that frontline arm they need and want in  Ryu. 

AL Central will be fun. White Sox window is coming, the Twins have a ridiculous offense and have done a good job with pitchers, but will start to run out of steam in the next couple years. Indians really should sell - they have a good young pitching crop nearly ready, they just need to turn Lindor, Kluber, etc. into some young hitters. Tigers have a way to go but have ridiculous pitching prospects a few years away. Poor Kansas City.

Edited by totdprods

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think you'll see a trade, whether it is Price, Gray or Kluber, then I see a Keuchel type of signing, then a catcher.  Lastly I could see a value signing that could happen late for a guy like Miley if he is still available as we get close to spring training.

Of all the combinations of guys with whom they could have ended up after missing out on Cole, my number one scenario would have been Rendon, Kluber and Keuchel. 

16 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Not that there was much before but if this is true than there is ZERO reason to even entertain the thought of Price

For the time being. Look at what the SP market is like right now...Strasburg and Cole are making historic money. Back-end SPs are making $12m. Numerous teams are looking for frontline vets. 

It’s pretty understandable that the trade market sellers can ask high prices right now in the immediate wake of these signings, but that could cool just as quickly once other pieces start moving.

43 minutes ago, totdprods said:

@Chuckster70 and @Second Base, what if the deal was Rengifo, Sandoval, and Deveaux for Kluber *and* Carrasco?

Angels could still sign a FA like Keuchel and use Carrasco as a reliever/spot-starter. 

My only concern is that Carrasco's form of leukemia is there sort that has a habit of returning. 70% survival rate after 5 years. God bless Carrasco and his family though.