• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

Would a three team deal where

Team 1 Gets:
Upton
Red Sox prospect

Angels Get:
Price
+8M a year to offset the difference

Red Sox Get:

24M a year saved

Basically following the Cozart trade model. Upton obviously has more value than Cozart, but it is 24M (average) vs 13M, so the Red Sox probably trade a prospect comparable to Wilson. Trading Upton's salary for Price makes sense because we need pitching. Bring back Calhoun on a 1-2 year deal. Open 2020 with LF Goodwin CF Trout RF Calhoun. Finish 2020 with LF Adell CF Trout RF Goodwin/Calhoun. Start 2021 with LF Adell CF Trout RF Goodwin/Calhoun. Finish 2021 with LF Adell CF Trout RF Marsh while trading Calhoun if he's brought back on a 2 year deal.

Makes sense for the Sox because they have 24M extra to use towards extending Betts. It makes sense for us because we need pitching more than we need Upton, plus Upton is blocking Marsh. The difficult part would be finding a team to take on Upton at 3 years/72M and potentially getting Upton to waive his no trade clause. We could also throw in a prospect as well, someone in the 15-30 range.

didn't see this posted anywhere:

The Los Angeles Dodgers didn’t leave the winter meetings without signing a free agent pitcher. But it was a bullpen addition, not another starting pitcher, as they inked former A’s reliever Blake Treinen to a one-year deal for $10 million.

Mets signed Porcello and Wacha to go with deGrom, Syndergaard, Stroman, and Matz. And they might need to move money. They could probably use one in the pen though too. 

Stroman would do well here with the infield defense. The Mets are hoping to shed some bad money too. Oakland was interested in Lowrie, wonder if they try to put together a package for an arm plus Lowrie’s salary. They have the prospects and need a good name for the rotation. Of course, the Angels could explore here too.

Edited by totdprods

29 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Mets signed Porcello and Wacha to go with deGrom, Syndergaard, Stroman, and Matz. And they might need to move money. They could probably use one in the pen though too. 

Stroman would do well here with the infield defense. The Mets are hoping to shed some bad money too. Oakland was interested in Lowrie, wonder if they try to put together a package for an arm plus Lowrie’s salary. They have the prospects and need a good name for the rotation. Of course, the Angels could explore here too.

Was just going to suggest Stroman. He’s in the last year of his deal but he’s someone I’d lock up. One of the top pitchers that’ll hit FA next season

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

Was just going to suggest Stroman. He’s in the last year of his deal but he’s someone I’d lock up. One of the top pitchers that’ll hit FA next season

I always under or over value what it would cost to obtain a player in a trade.  Stroman has one year left, so to me it feels like a deal centered around Marsh would be too much.  People also feel like Adams is possibly a year away from breaking out as a prospect, but he might be the one to center a deal around.  In the long run we could regret it as he matures into a great prospect and very good major leaguer.  I'd prefer we found a way to get him with the guys we have already seen, guys like Thaiss (who I am higher on than most) Sandoval, and maybe another arm in low A ball.  No idea how realistic it is but it seems the last several years that guys with one year of control aren't getting huge returns.

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I always under or over value what it would cost to obtain a player in a trade.  Stroman has one year left, so to me it feels like a deal centered around Marsh would be too much.  People also feel like Adams is possibly a year away from breaking out as a prospect, but he might be the one to center a deal around.  In the long run we could regret it as he matures into a great prospect and very good major leaguer.  I'd prefer we found a way to get him with the guys we have already seen, guys like Thaiss (who I am higher on than most) Sandoval, and maybe another arm in low A ball.  No idea how realistic it is but it seems the last several years that guys with one year of control aren't getting huge returns.

I’m very hesitant to trade away Marsh and Adams. Both look like they could be legit major leaguers that we will end up regret trading away. 

But we’re in a bit of a tough spot with our need for pitching. The Mets are trying to find someone to dump Lowrie’s contract on. Stroman and Lowrie would cost 20 mill and are both FA’s after this season. 

Take on Lowrie’s money to lessen the blow prospect wise. We’re going to need to spend in order to protect our future