• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I thought they would trade Kluber so they can re-sign Lindor.

The Indians are trying to get out in front of things. They've got some great, cheap, young pitching. In order to reload, they need to sell some of their more expensive or valuable assets. Kluber and Carrasco specially puts them in a better position. If they deal Lindor, that ensures they remain a balanced, stacked team.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Gawd I'm so sick of people on MLB Network saying they don't get the Angels adding Rendon since they have no pitching. 

Last I checked, it's still the offseason. 

Oh and this little gem from the Mariners tv guy, ex-player Ryan Rowland Smith.

Annotation 2019-12-12 083749.png

Chuck, just remind them of this:

They are definitely not done. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Gawd I'm so sick of people on MLB Network saying they don't get the Angels adding Rendon since they have no pitching. 

Last I checked, it's still the offseason. 

Oh and this little gem from the Mariners tv guy, ex-player Ryan Rowland Smith.

Annotation 2019-12-12 083749.png

Lol at him preaching patience when their GM is Dipoto. Good luck with that. The moment the Mariners get off to a surprisingly good start, he'll be shipping most of those kids in their farm out

Just now, Lhalo said:

Watching Gammons on MLBN right now. Damn he's looking old.

He cannot seem to get his facts straight or put a full sentence together. Time to hang it up, Gammo! 

Gammons also said that the only way they get Price is if they give up Marsh. lol 

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Watching Gammons on MLBN right now. Damn he's looking old.

Is he reminiscing about that time in 1988 he saw an attractive woman at Fenway park and he thought it was weird that she was playing 3rd base but then it turned out to be Wade Boggs.  Anyway who can tell.  Magic of Fenway or whatever shit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

He's another guy who was really good a few years ago, though he did have a decent season in 2019. Still, 34 years old. Good luck with that.

he's a tough one, he very well could be a lot like Kluber on the offensive side.  One down year surrounded by a ton of good years.  

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He cannot seem to get his facts straight or put a full sentence together. Time to hang it up, Gammo! 

Gammons also said that the only way they get Price is if they give up Marsh. lol 

The way he was fumbling through his papers barely able to hold the mic resembled some sort of Mr. Magoo on xanax.

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Dodgers are apparently hot on the pursuit of Lindor.

Any interest from the Angels? Simmons and some prospects not named Adell for one of the great YOUNG players in the game today. Give me some reasons why not.

We discussed this a little bit either this morning or last night.  Problem is in 2 years he is going to get $35-40 million a year and at some point you can't afford to get them all.  

Just now, Stradling said:

We discussed this a little bit either this morning or last night.  Problem is in 2 years he is going to get $35-40 million a year and at some point you can't afford to get them all.  

We'll have Pujols and his $30 mill off the books by then.

But yeah, I see your point. Lindor could be asking for 10 years/$400 million the way things are accelerating.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

We'll have Pujols and his $30 mill off the books by then.

But yeah, I see your point. Lindor could be asking for 10 years/$400 million the way things are accelerating.

I even said I would consider trading Adell to get him, but man having $110 million tied up in 3 players and that is without extending Ohtani is just bad business as much as we'd love for it to happen.