• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

So you really think the Dodgers won't go after Cole in 2019 because of a contract they signed in 2012?

No I really think they won’t go after him because they’ll see the length as a bad investment.  I could see them offering something stupid like 4 years $160 million.  

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

So you’ve changed your mind in the last 28 minutes. You’ve moved from never, ever $150 M to for sure $160 M. 
You are showing great signs of progress. Make sure to talk to your therapist about your breakthrough this week. 

since when does 4 years equal 7 years? 

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

So you’ve changed your mind in the last 28 minutes. You’ve moved from never, ever $150 M to for sure $160 M. 
You are showing great signs of progress. Make sure to talk to your therapist about your breakthrough this week. 

Oh you’ve gone full jackass tonight ok.  If you think Cole will sign that deal then yes I’ve changed my mind.  

Lets get back to the subject instead of discussing crosswords, I hate crosswords!  An interesting question that has not been discussed is exactly what was said to each of the managerial candidates about this issue.  You would think that this would come up in the discussion.  Just because we just received the news, the Angels must have known that there was the possibility that this would be publicly disclosed, and soon.  They have been cooperating with this investigation for quite some time, and that was made public at least by Eppler..  I would imagine that depositions and general questioning have all been taken by the Feds.  It doesn't sound like MLB has started their investigation yet.

I would guess that Arte would have had some level of discussion with Maddon already, not sure what they might have told the others.  And if no candidates brought it up, shame on them for not asking about an issue of this importance.  I would want to know as much as I could about this, because it could be a big distraction among the players.

18 minutes ago, RBM said:

Well, maybe because they only won 2 games in the NLDS and Cole is better than any pitcher they currently have and teams want to get better and if you don't get that then you are,

well, if you don't get that... 

Wait 3 months until I'm proved right. I'm not worried. Past precedent is all on my side, as is basic reason. 

Nobody spends that much money when they're already spending more than everybody else. Fans have this notion that owners are just going to pony up hundreds of millions more (dozens each year) to improve their odds of winning, ignoring the fact that it also significantly improves their odds of busting when one of those contracts goes bad (of which a disproportionate amount do).

You cannot spend your way out of that kind of a situation unless you don't care about money, and guys who own baseball teams don't get to be that rich by being stupid with their money. 

The safe approach is to hold steady - don't make stupid and risky moves when your team is already on top. That keeps you on top without jeopardizing the future. That's what the Dodgers have done all along. It's what they will continue to do. 

On 10/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, Angelsjunky said:

But my question: do you think his teammates didn't know he took things too far? 

Partying and drug abuse are a spectrum -- not unlike how enjoying food and binge-eating are.

Most, if not all, know he was doing drugs. 

This whole thing is all kinds of ugly, but at the end of the day - I doubt the Angels are impacted in the managerial hiring process,  or free agency and they won't face any disciplinary action by MLB.

As for Eric Kay.  He can say whatever he wants - but why would anyone believe him?  He lacks credibility at this point.

Whatever else comes out from this will most likely not shock any of us.  This is the world we live in now.  Even if nothing else happens or comes out of this - that won't be a surprise either.

We don't live in a perfect world.  It's messy.  Stuff happens. Ugly stuff. We'd like to think something like baseball is immune from this crap, but its not. Everyone reacts differently to it. Some people might be completely turned off by it and step away from the game.  I know that I stopped watching the NBA some years ago when it became too ugly for my tastes. It stopped being entertaining for me. I can understand if Angels baseball stops being entertaining for some.  I'm not there yet.

I just hope people are held accountable. That would make it easier for us to move forward.

Ive been staying away from this one as im really not sure what to think, at this point ive come down to one of two possibilities...
#1 the guys is telling the truth.  If so thats beyond bad obviously.
#2 hes covering his arse and trying to throw other people under the bus.
Regardless Tyler was complicit which sucks but if this team had any involvement or knowledge beyond that and did nothing, heads should roll. 

9 hours ago, tomsred said:

Lets get back to the subject instead of discussing crosswords, I hate crosswords!  An interesting question that has not been discussed is exactly what was said to each of the managerial candidates about this issue.  You would think that this would come up in the discussion.  

why are they asking managerial candidates about crosswords? now i'm confused.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

This whole thing is all kinds of ugly, but at the end of the day - I doubt the Angels are impacted in the managerial hiring process,  or free agency and they won't face any disciplinary action by MLB.

As for Eric Kay.  He can say whatever he wants - but why would anyone believe him?  He lacks credibility at this point.

Whatever else comes out from this will most likely not shock any of us.  This is the world we live in now.  Even if nothing else happens or comes out of this - that won't be a surprise either.

We don't live in a perfect world.  It's messy.  Stuff happens. Ugly stuff. We'd like to think something like baseball is immune from this crap, but its not. Everyone reacts differently to it. Some people might be completely turned off by it and step away from the game.  I know that I stopped watching the NBA some years ago when it became too ugly for my tastes. It stopped being entertaining for me. I can understand if Angels baseball stops being entertaining for some.  I'm not there yet.

I just hope people are held accountable. That would make it easier for us to move forward.

The Royals went through it after the 1983 season, with the coke issues involving Willie Wilson, Willie Aikens, Vida Blue, and Jerry Martin, who were all sentenced to 3 months in prison.   It didn't stop them from winning the AL West in 1984 and 1985 (and the 1985 WS), and Willie Wilson was productive from 1985 through 1989.    But it ruined Aikens' career, after just 5 seasons. 

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

People lie when questioned all the time. You dont get more time for lying to the cops.

Without knowing the timeline and evidence presented, i dont know what they asked him about, and when.

If it wasnt immediate, and he talked to his lawyer first....

Lying to federal investigators is obstruction...