• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

25 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Powerful piece from Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports.  I've always liked Brown's work...

Excerpt:

"We must know who knew. We must know who could have stopped it. We must know who facilitated the end. Who followed protocol, who did not, and who made the choices that led to the choices that led to the choices … "

The days will be more trying but we must get answers surrounding Tyler Skaggs' death

I'm guessing he wouldn't think the same thing if it was some rando who OD'd.  If it wasn't Kay it would have been someone else supplying or providing it if Skaggs wanted it.  I'm not saying Kay's hands are clean but Brown makes it sound like this was some high level drug ring when in all likelihood it was maybe five or so guys who liked to party or needed their fix.  

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I'm guessing he wouldn't think the same thing if it was some rando who OD'd.  If it wasn't Kay it would have been someone else supplying or providing it if Skaggs wanted it.  I'm not saying Kay's hands are clean but Brown makes it sound like this was some high level drug ring when in all likelihood it was maybe five or so guys who liked to party or needed their fix.  

I didn't get that impression from Brown at all.

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I didn't get that impression from Brown at all.

"We must know who knew. We must know who could have stopped it. We must know who facilitated the end. Who followed protocol, who did not, and who made the choices that led to the choices that led to the choices … "

Just seems like sensationalism.  The person who made the choice was Skaggs.  I'm not trying to crucify the guy but he was an adult and was playing with fire.  Snorting pills isn't something you just up and do one time after having a beer.  Addiction is no joke but like others have said in some cases it's just people who like to party.  Go to any college campus or hell even high school parties and see people doing things that are pretty risky as far as what they're taking.  When drinks don't work maybe people start smoking then when that doesn't work as well they up the ante again.  

20 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

I think we can all name at least one of the 5 players.

My guess is that it would be a lot easier for Kay to name former players than current players. Easier to keep distance from anything current (if needed) and avoid any other uncomfortable truths.

At least, I’m hoping this was something more of a past problem than present.

6 hours ago, nate said:

Lying to federal investigators is obstruction...

Ive been doing this job for quite some time now....since before the economy tanked.  There is ZERO way you get in trouble for lying to the cops during an investigation.

Obstruction is impeding an in progress crime... like hiding a fugitive. Blocking my path if im chasing somone.

If i ask you if you sell drugs, you say no, and i show you a video of you selling drugs, you still get arrested for drug sales... but no enhancement for lying about it.

Youre not even obligated to speak in the first place..... speaking lies doesnt fall into a new crime.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive been doing this job for quite some time now....since before the economy tanked.  There is ZERO way you get in trouble for lying to the cops during an investigation.

Obstruction is impeding an in progress crime... like hiding a fugitive. Blocking my path if im chasing somone.

If i ask you if you sell drugs, you say no, and i show you a video of you selling drugs, you still get arrested for drug sales... but no enhancement for lying about it.

Youre not even obligated to speak in the first place..... speaking lies doesnt fall into a new crime.

Lying to a federal agent is a felony.  If it isn't prosecuted fine, but it is absolutely a crime.  And they aren't cops, they are DEA agents.

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-resource-manual-916-false-statements-federal-investigator

All that’s been reported is that Skaggs and Kay used opioids together for “years.”

We don’t know if that meant every day or once a month. 

Lots of people have destructive habits that they can keep hidden.

I’m also not going to pretend to be an expert on opioids but isn’t the point that you take them and sort of just pass out, so you’re not going to be out doing it in a bar. You’re going to do it alone in your hotel room. 

I am sure someone here knows more than me about it. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Today I talked to a former DEA agent and that is not what he said. He said they’ll bust you and throw your butt in jail for lying just as much as for the crime itself. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Today I talked to a former DEA agent and that is not what he said. He said they’ll bust you and throw your butt in jail for lying just as much as for the crime itself. 

How long do you expect this circus to continue?