• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

It didn’t take long for the initial investigation to reveal who the employee was. I doubt that Kay called them early on and said “hey it was me.” Someone in the know had to have ratted him out. It wasn’t just a secret between him and Skaggs. 

Negative.

It will be made public in time, so ill let that happen before I say how, but it was figured out the day off... by cops doing cop stuff.

2 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

It didn’t take long for the initial investigation to reveal who the employee was. I doubt that Kay called them early on and said “hey it was me.” Someone in the know had to have ratted him out. It wasn’t just a secret between him and Skaggs. 

Or, you know.... They checked the phone records of the guy they found dead and connected the dots...       I don't think this is some Agatha Christie level mystery.  Someone knows, but I do not. 

I just hope they make it a point to clean house when it's all said and done....   

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Which is fine .... But the narrative he's trying to spew about caring about the family's peace of mind or whatever rings hollow.  Regardless of his tripe about wanting to do right and his own struggles with addiction he's not a sympathetic figure. 

His motivation in this is to save his own hide first last and always.

this is EXACTLY what I was referring to when I put out the bullshit alert.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Negative.

It will be made public in time, so ill let that happen before I say how, but it was figured out the day off... by cops doing cop stuff.

Bro, can a guy make detective by staying in a Holiday Inn Express and binge watching Ivestigation Discovery Channel?  Cause .....

25 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Also, reference Kay and his statement. I have no idea what he knows, who else knew, etc etc.

But if an addict that OD'd twice alone this year, who was facing legal troubles, underplayed his role and blamed someone else, why.... Id be shocked. Totally shocked.

Most of the addicts I arrest are usually on the straight and narrow, take full responsibility, and never lie when I question them about stuff.

bingo 

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well yeah, but right now it's the Angels.

As a FA player maybe you don't let it affect your decision.

But as a managerial candidate, do you want to be the face of the Angels drug scandal?

I don’t think Joe Maddon gets stuck as the face of a drug scandal.  I just don’t accept that’s the thing that he is even considering or should worry about.  Nothing to do with him.  This will all blow over by the start of next season.  The Angels will settle it and there will be NDA’s and it’ll go away and that will be that.  People are gonna get money.  That’s for sure. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bro, can a guy make detective by staying in a Holiday Inn Express and binge watching Ivestigation Discovery Channel?  Cause .....

........ sadly... and im not making this up... that was me last night.

To answer your question, you also have to watch old barney miller episodes.( @Tank?)

Of the AW crowd, I go with @Dtwncbad, because hes a walking encyclopedia of miami vice episodes.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think Joe Maddon gets stuck as the face of a drug scandal.  I just don’t accept that’s the thing that he is even considering or should worry about.  Nothing to do with him.  This will all blow over by the start of next season.  The Angels will settle it and there will be NDA’s and it’ll go away and that will be that.  People are gonna get money.  That’s for sure. 

Yeah if it can all be put to bed before Spring Training then fine.

Otherwise if it drags out into the regular season the new manager will be left holding the bag.

Also, I don’t get talking about Chuck saying this Kay guy is a good guy.  Im sure he he treated Chuck and others well and lots of people probably feel the same way.  Honestly.  The stark black and white way of looking at people and the world some of you pretend to have.  It’s easy enough to be like that from behind a key board.  When you are completely disconnected from it all.  Real easy.  Good grief.  Everyone has their weaknesses.  This guy is drug addict like millions of others.  A horrible tragedy happened.  Unfortunately as a consequence of his bad habits.  And his buddy Tyler Skaggs.  Let’s not pretend he didn’t play his part.  Kay didn’t shove the opioids down Tyler’s throat.  All of it is not good ! Bad ! But that doesn’t make Kay evil in his core.  I wonder how many of you would sing to fuc*king feds.  Get real. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think Joe Maddon gets stuck as the face of a drug scandal.  I just don’t accept that’s the thing that he is even considering or should worry about.  Nothing to do with him.  This will all blow over by the hot stove season.  The Angels will settle it and there will be NDA’s and it’ll go away and that will be that.  People are gonna get money.  That’s for sure. 

Or if the yankees advance.

Seriously.... remember when the dodgers doing human trafficking popped up? Kinda sorta?

Like I doubt this lasts longer than the pirates pitcher who was banging a minor a few WEEKS ago.

The only thing that will last is Kershaw kershawing again, hardy har har.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Or if the yankees advance.

Seriously.... remember when the dodgers doing human trafficking popped up? Kinda sorta?

Like I doubt this lasts longer than the pirates pitcher who was banging a minor a few WEEKS ago.

The only thing that will last is Kershaw kershawing again, hardy har har.

Ya seems like institutional indifference to human trafficking is sort of bad ! 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Exactly. It’s a big scandal, but the players are still going to play next season and they’ll still need a manager. And I don’t see that as having a negative effect on free agency either. 

Arte will have a fun year, between that and all the stuff with the stadium.  Possibly some players on the roster will get outed. I hope they don’t. I hope any who are abusing drugs quietly get the help they need without getting dragged out in the public eye. Probably too much to ask, but anyway.