• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

15 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Angels employee says cooperating with feds is 'right thing to do'

Los Angeles Angels communications director Eric Kay, who last month told U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents that he provided opioids to Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs, said in a statement to Outside the Lines on Sunday that it's "time for everyone to stand up and take responsibility."

"I felt and continue to feel that it is time for everyone to stand up and take responsibility for their respective roles in this," he said in the statement issued by his attorney, Michael Molfetta. "Nothing anyone does will ever provide closure for the Skaggs family. I can't, the Angels can't, and the courts can't, regardless of what happens there. But at least I can help them 'know' instead of 'wonder.' My hope is that there is some peace in that for them."

Skaggs was found dead in his Southlake, Texas, hotel room July 1. He had oxycodone, fentanyl and alcohol in his system, and he asphyxiated on his own vomit, according to an autopsy released Aug. 30.

Outside the Lines on Saturday, citing two sources with knowledge of the investigation, reported details of interviews Kay had with DEA agents from the Dallas and Los Angeles field offices in September. Molfetta confirmed those details to Outside the Lines.

"I made the decision to cooperate with law enforcement because I felt that it was the right thing to do. That is all I can do from this point on, if it comes with public shame and derision, I accept that."

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/27838375/angels-employee-says-cooperating-feds-right-thing-do

he's a real upstanding guy.  probably has nothing to do with the feds offering him a deal if he squeals.  

18 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he's a real upstanding guy.  probably has nothing to do with the feds offering him a deal if he squeals.  

Maybe, just maybe something good comes out of his squealing. Like more drug testing and monitoring of MLB players across the board. The owners are paying these players a ton of money so accountability should be part of the deal. 

Never heard of this guy, but he does have a story. This is a far reaching issue and as terrible as this is, I don’t see it changing things for the Angels and free agency and Maddon. Something does need to be done. People do need to speak up. 

52 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

He’s doing exactly what he was instructed to do. 

Which is fine .... But the narrative he's trying to spew about caring about the family's peace of mind or whatever rings hollow.  Regardless of his tripe about wanting to do right and his own struggles with addiction he's not a sympathetic figure. 

His motivation in this is to save his own hide first last and always.

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Which is fine .... But the narrative he's trying to spew about caring about the family's peace of mind or whatever rings hollow.  Regardless of his tripe about wanting to do right and his own struggles with addiction he's not a sympathetic figure. 

But Chuck said he's a good guy.

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is your typical he said, she said case. These cases almost always reveal more when they’re properly investigated. Kay could be fabricating the whole thing or maybe there’s some partial truth that could bring shame to the organization. We’ve already seen Carpino’s immediate 100% denial about having any knowledge about it. He of course is doing what he is being instructed to do. 

2 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

But people line up for hours to get their autographs.

Im not that guy at all, but...

We also pay shit tons of money to see concerts... where the artists, well , you know...

And we look at movie stars as celebs, which... well, you know...

Drugs are part of everyday life, especially among rich entertainers. That's not to say all entertainers do drugs. But theyd be lying if they said it wasnt around.

Also, reference Kay and his statement. I have no idea what he knows, who else knew, etc etc.

But if an addict that OD'd twice alone this year, who was facing legal troubles, underplayed his role and blamed someone else, why.... Id be shocked. Totally shocked.

Most of the addicts I arrest are usually on the straight and narrow, take full responsibility, and never lie when I question them about stuff.

35 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

This is your typical he said, she said case. These cases almost always reveal more when they’re properly investigated. Kay could be fabricating the whole thing or maybe there’s some partial truth that could bring shame to the organization. We’ve already seen Carpino’s immediate 100% denial about having any knowledge about it. He of course is doing what he is being instructed to do. 

Well....  Either everyone knew and let it slide so they are all liars.... Or this guy was hiding his problem and now is trying to save his ass by deflecting blame.  I have zero idea what the truth is but I'm betting it's a little of both.  What I do know is we have in fact seen how Moreno responded to both the Hamilton and Matthews drug issues.  Based on how Arte has acted in the past I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to try to hide something like this from him which makes Kay a person with nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think this shit matters that much.  Players in every clubhouse are doing drugs.  The Angels money is as good as anyone else’s.  The trajectory is still the same.  Playing in so cal is the same.  This is all bullshit made up narrative.  It doesn’t mean anything. 

Well yeah, but right now it's the Angels.

As a FA player maybe you don't let it affect your decision.

But as a managerial candidate, do you want to be the face of the Angels drug scandal?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well yeah, but right now it's the Angels.

As a FA player maybe you don't let it affect your decision.

But as a managerial candidate, do you want to be the face of the Angels drug scandal?

Every pro sports team has someone that can hook stuff up...

Its unique here, because Kay is part of the front office. Usually its a clubbie....

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Well....  Either everyone knew and let it slide so they are liars.... Or this guy was hiding his problem and now is trying to save his ass by deflecting blame.  I have zero idea what the truth is but I'm betting it's a little of both.  What I do know is we have in fact seen how Moreno responded to both the Hamilton and Matthews drug issues.  Based on how Arte has acted in the past I think your have to be pretty stupid to try to hide something like this from him which makes Kay a person with nothing to lose.

It didn’t take long for the initial investigation to reveal who the employee was. I doubt that Kay called them early on and said “hey it was me.” Someone in the know had to have ratted him out. It wasn’t just a secret between him and Skaggs.