• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

Just now, nate said:

Lying to federal investigators is obstruction...

Yep I think his attorney told him to cooperate and tell them everything. Judges and prosecutors appreciate that in the long run. It helps solve mysteries and saves time for everyone involved. 

52 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Royals went through it after the 1983 season, with the coke issues involving Willie Wilson, Willie Aikens, Vida Blue, and Jerry Martin, who were all sentenced to 3 months in prison. 

That was 36 years ago.

Four teams made the playoffs, Game winning RBIs were a thing, instant replay was never thought of to aid umpiring, and most politicians treated gay marriage like a person marrying a horse.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

That was 36 years ago.

Four teams made the playoffs, Game winning RBIs were a thing, instant replay was never thought of to aid umpiring, and most politicians treated gay marriage like a person marrying a horse.

So... nothing has changed?

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

Most, if not all, know he was doing drugs. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

How do you know?

Do you tell everyone you work with everything that you do?

Torridd, I seriously doubt Skaggs ever wanted this advertised to anyone. All it takes is one phone call to MLB and they are surprise drug testing him. I feel fairly confident in saying he probably kept his drug use locked down tight. I doubt anyone including his family had a clue because the consequences to his career and earnings would be devastating (and unfortunately now his life).

7 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

We'd know nothing of your industrious fapping habits if it were still 1983.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well no, because the internet didn't exist.

Also I wasn't born.

tdawg was only a "rising" star then. A "twinkie" in his mother's eyes so to speak. He's lucky his dad didn't ejaculate in the toilet to Nolan Ryan's photo in a sports magazine earlier in the day. :D 

7 minutes ago, ettin said:

Torridd, I seriously doubt Skaggs ever wanted this advertised to anyone. All it takes is one phone call to MLB and they are surprise drug testing him. I feel fairly confident in saying he probably kept his drug use locked down tight. I doubt anyone including his family had a clue because the consequences to his career and earnings would be devastating (and unfortunately now his life).

I'd bet anyone else who partied like him on the team knew.  Whether it's drinking, smoking or more unless you travel in the same crowds you generally have no idea unless someone else finds out and starts airing other people's business.  At a certain age most people (I say most because people who aren't in control are pretty obvious) who have jobs and responsibilities don't advertise that stuff because once it's out it's out.  

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Has this already been posted?

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/13/tyler-skaggs-death-investigation-latest

Very detailed legal ramifications...

Kay, according to Outside the Lines, believes Skaggs was not snorting the oxycodone that Kay had provided. This is because the last time Kay had provided Skaggs with oxycodone was a day or two before the trip to Texas. Skaggs, from Kay’s experience, ordinarily used oxycodone immediately upon receipt. Skaggs also allegedly asked Kay to provide him oxycodone while in Texas, a request Kay could not meet.

He is so full of shit.

28 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He is so full of shit.

That's one of the comments I keyed in on too.   Dude owns up to all kinds of shit but always manages to have an out for himself... "I did drugs with him all the time but not this time", " I brought him the smack but the smack he was using the night he died wasn't the smack I gave him"...  Yeah, ok.... Meanwhile you have his mom/wife trying to paint him as a sort of helpless victim despite her admitting his opiates usage goes back to 1998, 11 years before Skaggs was drafted.  Even the line about five former Angels who may have been using opiates seems overly convenient.  

1 hour ago, ettin said:

I don't think it was advertised, but I think players are in on some things that management isn't.

10 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I don't think it was advertised, but I think players are in on some things that management isn't.

I get what you are saying Torr, I am just thinking it was absolutely in Skaggs best interest, monetarily, to keep it as hidden as possible. He died alone apparently which just shows me that this is more true in all probability.

48 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Is this a fat joke?

No, actually, it was a gay reference but now that you mention it, it can double double as a fat joke! :D The jokes are multi-dimensional because you fall into so many categories! :D

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Who is more of a liar?

Kay, or the Skaggs family, who were "shocked to learn" that their son was a big time drug user?

It's weird how all the people who should have known, were "shocked to learn," and all the people who were in no position to know, aren't surprised at all.

Powerful piece from Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports.  I've always liked Brown's work...

Excerpt:

"We must know who knew. We must know who could have stopped it. We must know who facilitated the end. Who followed protocol, who did not, and who made the choices that led to the choices that led to the choices … "

The days will be more trying but we must get answers surrounding Tyler Skaggs' death

Edited by True Grich

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's weird how all the people who should have known, were "shocked to learn," and all the people who were in no position to know, aren't surprised at all.

He must have partied alone a lot, because every player and management quote portrayed shock.

This is being treated like a murder. It wasn't a murder. 

Obviously if there's some kind of underground drug ring going on in MLB then yeah sure we need to know everything but let's not treat this like the crime of the century. Dude got drugs illegally from Kay. Then chose to take them and mix them with loads of alcohol. 

How about we go all the way back to when Skaggs was a child to find out who bullied him which eventually led to him feeling sad which may have lead him down the path to drugs.

Sensationalism.