• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

Read the article before jumping to conclusions, folks.

"A representative for pitcher Trevor Cahill confirmed that his client was questioned by U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents in Texas in September.

Pitcher Andrew Heaney -- Skaggs’ closest friend on the team -- pitcher Noe Ramirez and pitcher Matt Harvey -- who was released by the team July 21 -- also were questioned, according the person familiar with the investigation. The names of the other two players questioned are not known.

People familiar with the interviews said the players weren’t targeted for suspected of using opiates or implicated in any potential crime."

This does not mean that the questioned them about personal use.  They may have questioned them because they were known to be close to Skaggs.  For all we know they could have questioned 15 players, and none of them could have matched the names Kay gave them.  Actually, if they are doing a thorough investigation why not question every player, coach, and all medical personnel?  Same applies to everyone in the front office.

15 hours ago, Lou said:

it won't affect my fandom of the team one iota. 

Thats fine, your prerogative, but there are things i can support, and things i cannot. 
This is the same club that wanted no part of Phillips back in the day over drugs, if its changed so much to actually be knowingly supplying or turning a blind eye then maybe its not the same team.   There are things i can support, and things i cannot.
Im not making any assumptions, well see how deep this goes if it goes anywhere since it could just as easily be this guy trying to save his own arse by throwing others under the bus as i said before.
I hope thats the case.

4 minutes ago, RBM said:

Who is making assumptions? You’ve missed you’re OWN point entirely flop. You posted:

”If there was any knowledge by anyone in the front office, i dont even want to think about that as my fandom will be affected.”

Too late - this thing started in the front office. 

Kay is an Angels front office executive who has, for several years, been both providing and doing drugs with a player who died of an overdose. 

Think about the reality of that last sentence. Is your fandom affected?

No, you miss the point.... which is how far does it go, at this point we dont know.  Are his claims that more people knew valid.  Im not holding them all accountable for his actions. 

23 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its really will come down to how much they found on his phone...

If theres a huge series of say text messages saying "kay, how much for this much, me and so and so have cash" that's one thing.

If the texts are more "hey, you know anyone who can get this", that's different.

In all honesty, I dont see it going too far. I cant think of a single time weve looked in to how someone obtained a personal use quantity of dope and OD'd. 

But.... texas laws are a lot more strict than california. 

i wonder if there's a guy in texas who supplies players and the feds have had their eye on him in the past but now there's a possible connection to him and skaggs that could blow the lid off his business. maybe i'm not wording it well but there might be a bigger connection/story here than we know at this point.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

i wonder if there's a guy in texas who supplies players and the feds have had their eye on him in the past but now there's a possible connection to him and skaggs that could blow the lid off his business. maybe i'm not wording it well but there might be a bigger connection/story here than we know at this point.

anyone else find it interesting that rally suddenly changed his name?