• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

I wonder how Trout would have factored all this in if it happened a year ago before his new contract? Trust and loyalty to the Angels organization was a motivating part of his decision. It's bad enough that the Angels are always looked to as a negative for his career recognition. 

Unfortunately, this isn't just a one player issue, but wider spread  If Kay's claims are substantiated. If the inquiries, investigations, etc. are prolonged, it will keep the franchise from reaching closure during the managerial search. Free agents also will have to assess whether they want to pick the Angels if money term are similar elsewhere.

Eventually everything will be revealed and the team heals and moves on. But the next few months are critical in preparing for next season and beyond.

And that doesn't even factor in any criminal implications or punitive actions by MLB. 

2 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

I wonder how Trout would have factored all this in if it happened a year ago before his new contract? Trust and loyalty to the Angels organization was a motivating part of his decision. It's bad enough that the Angels are always looked to as a negative for his career recognition. 

Unfortunately, this isn't just a one player issue, but wider spread  If Kay's claims are substantiated. If the inquiries, investigations, etc. are prolonged, it will keep the franchise from reaching closure during the managerial search. Free agents also will have to assess whether they want to pick the Angels if money term are similar elsewhere.

Eventually everything will be revealed and the team heals and moves on. But the next few months are critical in preparing for next season and beyond.

And that doesn't even factor in any criminal implications or punitive actions by MLB. 

I honestly don’t think it will impact the offseason transactions. There’s also a brotherhood in baseball. Skaggs had a lot of players throughout the league wearing #45 patches. It’s an off the field distraction but it won’t change their offseason plans. 

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Gotta wonder if this all played into it...

I am quite sure MLB knew about it being an inside the clubhouse problem and gave the ultimatum to sack the staff as a house cleaning. I am guessing Moreno wasn't advocating Ausmus must go because of the season results as much the toxicology results. 

9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Substitute Dodgers, and he’ll choose the Dodgers. We are obtuse to think differently.

Possible. But, like the Yankees, the Dodgers haven’t gone big on years. I doubt either team offers 7. They don’t need to take the risk.

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Edit 3: Skaggs was lying to Kay about the other 5 players because he was an addict and wanted more pills for himself. It’s what they do. 

Kay gave them names. Skaggs didn’t need to lie about it - they’re both addicts. 

51 minutes ago, Lou said:

recon, I watch A LOT of tv crime shows. 

plus, we can go have beers after our shift is over. Tank will hand you a Mtn Dew 

Just a few FYIs.

You dont get to yell at the captain when he pulls you off a case. (Not only would you be fired, but usually youre stoked if someone takes over your case. You already have enough)

We dont eat donuts. (Publically. Parked behind a building is fine).

CSI people arent out doing detective stuff. (They are civilians.... they take pictures and collect dna swabs... they dont interview people... not sure where hollywood got that).

You will be able to park anywhere though, so thats a real perk.

Also. At least three times a day, someone will say "i didnt do it" as you walk into a 7-11 to take a leak.