• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

You left out win now. 

And you forgot you said this.  

2 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

No he’ll go to the highest bidder. He probably legitimately works his ass off so he’s going to get everything he can get. If some Japanese team offered him 7 years and $280M, he’d be leaving to pitch in Japan. 

Eric Kay's statement added a new detail. Yesterday it was mentioned that Kay gave the DEA the names of five players believed to have been taking drugs while members of the Angels. In Kay's statement, the names came from Skaggs who asked Kay to acquire drugs for him to give said players.

Given the previous info on ESPN stated that Kay first started supplying Skaggs with drugs in 2017 (where Skaggs was getting there before that, if anywhere, is less clear), that would mean said five players wouldn't date back very far, just in the last 2-3 seasons.

Edit: The other thing that occurs to me, is if Skaggs is getting drugs for five other players he must not have been too secretive about it. That makes me wonder how honest the players were being that none of them knew anything about this.

Edit 2: Of course, Kay could be lying about this as well as about Mead. I wouldn't considerable him necessarily a reliable witness. That said, I don't know why Kay's mom would lie about telling Mead, but neither do I know why Mead wouldn't do anything about it if he did know. I guess I hope more than believe that it was just Kay and Skaggs, and Kay is just trying to cover for himself in some way.

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Eric Kay's statement added a new detail. Yesterday it was mentioned that Kay gave the DEA the names of five players believed to have been taking drugs while members of the Angels. In Kay's statement, the names came from Skaggs who asked Kay to acquire drugs for him to give said players.

Given the previous info on ESPN stated that Kay first started supplying Skaggs with drugs in 2017 (where Skaggs was getting there before that, if anywhere, is less clear), that would mean said five players wouldn't date back very far, just in the last 2-3 seasons.

The other thing that occurs to me, is if Skaggs is getting drugs for five other players he must not have been too secretive about it. That makes me wonder how honest the players were being that none of them knew anything about this.

Or he was getting drugs for players other than Skaggs before 2017, then in 2017 started getting them for Skaggs as well as others. 

4 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

The other thing that occurs to me, is if Skaggs is getting drugs for five other players he must not have been too secretive about it. That makes me wonder how honest the players were being that none of them knew anything about this.

Exactly what I was about to post.  I think there's gonna be a lot more dirty laundry that's going to be aired as part of this scandal, unfortunately.  Not looking forward to the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Or he was getting drugs for players other than Skaggs before 2017, then in 2017 started getting them for Skaggs as well as others. 

"Kay also told DEA agents the names of five other players who he believed used opioids while they were with the Angels. Skaggs asked Kay to obtain the drugs on those players' behalf, he told federal investigators."

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

"Kay also told DEA agents the names of five other players who he believed used opioids while they were with the Angels. Skaggs asked Kay to obtain the drugs on those players' behalf, he told federal investigators."

Yep, I missed that part.  We will see other players names pop up.  

I don’t think this shit matters that much.  Players in every clubhouse are doing drugs.  The Angels money is as good as anyone else’s.  The trajectory is still the same.  Playing in so cal is the same.  This is all a bullshit made up narrative.  It doesn’t mean anything. 

Admittedly it’s troubling that perhaps Tim Mead knew stuff - that perhaps other upper management knew.  But to be surprised that the players knew.  Come on.  I wouldn’t be surprised if 23 out of the 25 guys on the roster knew what was up.  And guys on the 40 man as well.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Angels employee says cooperating with feds is 'right thing to do'

Los Angeles Angels communications director Eric Kay, who last month told U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents that he provided opioids to Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs, said in a statement to Outside the Lines on Sunday that it's "time for everyone to stand up and take responsibility."

"I felt and continue to feel that it is time for everyone to stand up and take responsibility for their respective roles in this," he said in the statement issued by his attorney, Michael Molfetta. "Nothing anyone does will ever provide closure for the Skaggs family. I can't, the Angels can't, and the courts can't, regardless of what happens there. But at least I can help them 'know' instead of 'wonder.' My hope is that there is some peace in that for them."

Outside the Lines on Saturday, citing two sources with knowledge of the investigation, reported details of interviews Kay had with DEA agents from the Dallas and Los Angeles field offices in September. Molfetta confirmed those details to Outside the Lines.

"I made the decision to cooperate with law enforcement because I felt that it was the right thing to do. That is all I can do from this point on, if it comes with public shame and derision, I accept that."

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/27838375/angels-employee-says-cooperating-feds-right-thing-do