• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

3 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

If Kay has been placed on "paid leave," that sounds like lawyer stuff before he is canned. (And added to any lawsuits by the Skaggs family.) 

I don’t know how their employment is set up. But it’s pretty hard to just get fired in this state. I’m not in HR but know some things about it, if he has a problem with drugs I’m not sure if it’s a protected class or not? But yes definitely sounds very HR or lawyer speak. Probably talking about a buy out of some kind. 

1 minute ago, failos said:

Snitches get stiches. This Kay fellow should get fired immediately

you know the DEA is more concerned about where he got his product than any sort of repercussions that the halos have to deal with.  Dude is gonna be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life.  

2 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

I can’t even imagine this thread had Trout not signed his extension already.

Personally, I think this organization needs to clean house. The only thing more disturbing than what happened is that nobody “knew.”

What does Trout signing or not signing have anything to do with this. If we are to believe the report. Skaggs has been doing this for a long time. This isn’t just a recently started this stuff up kind of issue. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

What does Trout signing or not signing have anything to do with this. If we are to believe the report. Skaggs has been doing this for a long time. This isn’t just a recently started this stuff up kind of issue. 

Because people are wringing their hands about whether we can attract a manager, nevermind re-sign a generational talent.

So I spent the day at a Celebrity charity event to raise money to help prevent drug addiction.  The celebrities that were there were not really A listers.  The most known guy was Michael Madsen.  Hearing the stories is heart-breaking.  The guitarist for KORN was there telling his story.  In the last 2 plus years they’ve  raised over $4 million.  To be apart of that today then to read this it’s just a kick in the gut.   Obviously Kay needs to be fired.   I’m sure Mead has already been questioned by police.  At the end of the day it’s Skaggs fault, however enablers have no place in any organization.  

7 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Because people are wringing their hands about whether we can attract a manager, nevermind re-sign a generational talent.

I think that's just people letting emotions get the best of them. I don't think this has any impact on free agency or attracting a manager. Why would it? Baseball is a small world. This stuff isn't just happening here in Anaheim.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

LOL, what are you, my pastor?

Again, I'm not saying that punishment--including firing--shouldn't be doled out. But that if you want to point the finger at people for knowing and not doing anything about it, then you might as well blame everyone - including his teammates.

This reminds me of the Miami Vice episode “Evan.” Really a great episode. Crockett and Tubbs are having a bit of a fallout because Crockett won’t tell Tubbs the full story on an undercover arms dealer (Evan) whom Crockett came up with. So Tubbs does some digging on the side and then asks Crockett about Evan and his relationship with Crockett while in the Ferrari Daytona. Crockett screeches the car to a stop on the side of the road and says, “You’re my partner, not my priest. And where the hell do you get off demanding I bare my soul to you.”

Tubbs responds, “If you wanna drop the friendship and just be partners, so be it.”  To which Crockett replies, “So be it,” before peeling out. 

Note: this is an abridged version of the conversation. But it’s a great exchange found in an excellent episode directed by Rob Cohen (Fast and the Furious). 

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah man, this is bad. We need to sign Joe Maddon and start making some positive waves, including the trade market and as soon as FA begins make a nice splash or two. 

Why would Maddon want to sign on to this mess? I don’t see any FA signing either. Arte needs to clean house starting with Carpino and Eppler, and of course Kay. 

This is the worst case scenario for this team at this time. 

There are two things i noticed from the article

1. Seems like Skagg set specific times or period of days where he would get the Drugs and be alone. The fact Kay mentions that Skaggs would you the drug the same days and the fact that he has seen Skagg's snort in front him, imply that.

2. the only communication that occurred and actually was verbal, so it came from his own words, and an angel official probably did not see Skagg using drugs. It was his mother that told Mead.

There are two things i noticed from the article

1. Seems like Skagg set specific times or period of days where he would get the Drugs and be alone. The fact Kay mentions that Skaggs would you the drug the same days and the fact that he has seen Skagg's snort in front him, imply that.

2. the only communication that occurred and actually was verbal, so it came from his own words, and an angel official probably did not see Skagg using drugs. It was his mother that told Mead.

18 minutes ago, DowningRules said:

This reminds me of the Miami Vice episode “Evan.” Really a great episode. Crockett and Tubbs are having a bit of a fallout because Crockett won’t tell Tubbs the full story on an undercover arms dealer (Evan) whom Crockett came up with. So Tubbs does some digging on the side and then asks Crockett about Evan and his relationship with Crockett while in the Ferrari Daytona. Crockett screeches the car to a stop on the side of the road and says, “You’re my partner, not my priest. And where the hell do you get off demanding I bare my soul to you.”

Tubbs responds, “If you wanna drop the friendship and just be partners, so be it.”  To which Crockett replies, “So be it,” before peeling out. 

Note: this is an abridged version of the conversation. But it’s a great exchange found in an excellent episode directed by Rob Cohen (Fast and the Furious). 

I eagerly await your Weekend Shenanigans with Tyler Skaggs post.

Well at least I know why Eric wasn't getting back to me on my AFL press access requests. 

He's pretty much done with the Angels and perhaps anything else worthwhile if he avoids jail. 

I read that he was in rehab for the second time this year. So much for the no tolerance edict. 

This organization needs a purge in the front office starting with Carpino and maybe Eppler as well. Arte needs to act strongly and make a statement. I can’t feel sorry for Kay after admitting that he supplied and used opiods with Tyler and others for years. He needs to work on his life issues full time and try to extricate himself from his addictions.  

20 minutes ago, DowningRules said:

Kudos for citing Miami Vice. One year for Halloween, a friend and I were Crockett and Tubbs. It was the early 90s and we were being ironic. I was Tubbs.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Don't blame me if you aren't able to grasp complexity and paradox.

It is both: Ultimately, only Skaggs is responsible for his own actions -- that's called being a grown-up. But also: tons of people are involved - and it goes beyond any one person that you want to single out and blame. 

I blame the liquor store when a drunk driver kills someone

I feel bad for him because addiction is a serious thing and I knew the guy, and outside of his addiction that I had no idea about, he was a great guy. A family man. I feel sorry because he's pretty much ruined now. 

I don't think any of us should judge as we've been guilty of one thing or another in our lifetimes. 

Exactly this. I've dealt with an addicted friend who knew that I took certain medications for ADHD and would always hound me for them and despite the fact I never said yes they would still text me like clockwork because their brain was so bound to their addiction. This was after interventions, trips to jail, rehab, exc,.

Another scary thing was they were a "functioning" addict who was able to appear to function normally despite a crippling addiction. My friend is not a bad person but is a prisoner to their addiction which causes them to act differently when a craving or withdrawal would kick in.