• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

32 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Federal prison is not a fun place, I hear.

On the one hand, I dont see him getting charged with anything.

On the other hand, Texas laws are a lot different than ours. Posession (my understanding) is still a few months in the pokey. So who knows... he very well may get charged with something.

1 minute ago, nate said:

btw, I doubt Kay would lie to investigators.  It would just put him in much hotter water.

People lie when questioned all the time. You dont get more time for lying to the cops.

Without knowing the timeline and evidence presented, i dont know what they asked him about, and when.

If it wasnt immediate, and he talked to his lawyer first....

6 minutes ago, RBM said:

So:

The Dodgers don’t print money and cannot get whoever they want if they want them. 

And addicts are truthful and would never make shit up to get more drugs for themselves. 

Yeah, ok. Live with the lies.

A: That isn’t what I said. So you’re either misreading deliberately or because you’re a dunce. 

B: Your theory doesn’t match the evidence and isn’t terribly likely. 

26 minutes ago, RBM said:

A. You said the Dodgers would not offer 7 years for Gerrit Cole. That’s ridiculous. They will absolutely offer Cole 7 years. All teams wanting to sign Cole will offer 7 years so maybe you are a “dunce”. 

B. Addicts lie. They lie about anything and everything so they can get more drugs. Why? I’m not sure...now I am. It’s because they are Facking addicts. So maybe you are a “dunce” to believe otherwise.

A: You seem ignorant about how smart clubs run. Signing a pitcher, even if an ace, for 7 years, when they're around 30, is highly risky. Teams like the Astros, Dodgers, and Yankees with really deep clubs and great farms only make moves like that if they're either desperate enough to take the risk or stupid.

The Angels are desperate because their pitching cupboard is bare. The Dodgers, Yankees, and Astros don't need to because they're already 100 win teams. They don't need to make 7 year commitments to pitchers. That's why they don't do it. That's why you haven't seen them do that.

The closest exceptions for LA has been someone like Kershaw, but there's a different element for their own guys. Letting him walk would be really bad PR. Friedman doesn't believe in going all in. This is public knowledge. He believes you build a strong team (106 wins this year) and the playoffs are a crapshoot. They won't go over 5. Nor will NY, probably. 

If you're looking for someone to challenge - you're probably looking at someone like the Padres. 

B: There's no incentive here to lie. He's getting all the drugs he wants from a fellow addict. Why would he make up a bunch more names to get more than he needs? It isn't like Kay would've been cutting him off. Besides, it's almost certain this is a common problem. Is it so hard to believe that five other guys over the last couple of seasons used Skaggs as their go-between? The police apparently don't think so, but perhaps they lack your infallible prescience.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

........ sadly... and im not making this up... that was me last night.

To answer your question, you also have to watch old barney miller episodes.( @Tank?)

Of the AW crowd, I go with @Dtwncbad, because hes a walking encyclopedia of miami vice episodes.

Loved Barney Miller. Don’t remember any of the episodes or jokes, but laughed all the time watching it.

1 hour ago, RBM said:

A. You said the Dodgers would not offer 7 years for Gerrit Cole. That’s ridiculous. They will absolutely offer Cole 7 years. All teams wanting to sign Cole will offer 7 years so maybe you are a “dunce”. 

B. Addicts lie. They lie about anything and everything so they can get more drugs. Why? I’m not sure...now I am. It’s because they are Facking addicts. So maybe you are a “dunce” to believe otherwise.

Name a player this Dodger ownership group gave $150 million or 7 years to.