• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols is the worst player in baseball (technically)

krAbs

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/albert-pujols-is-the-worst-player-in-baseball/

I know, I know, another Pujols thread, but 1) the main one appears to have sank off the front page, and 2) this HAS to stop. This isn't "ah man, this guy isn't playing as well as you would think from his contract!" or even "man, that guy at the bottom of the lineup isn't very good!" This is "that man who is in the heart of our lineup is the single most useless player in ALL OF BASEBALL, bar none."

25 minutes ago, red321 said:

I had to laugh last night when the A's shortstop booted his ground ball...there was absolutely no panic on his part. Oh look, I dropped the ball....let me scratch my balls and pick it up...toss it to first underhanded...and it still beat him by 5 steps.

too funny! 

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not fucking funny at all. This isn't a softball beer league where he's the manager and gets to choose where he wants to play and bat in what order. It's time the Angels start putting club first over has been star.

There are 114 million reasons why that won't happen oh and Sciosca so I guess it's 115 million.

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/albert-pujols-is-the-worst-player-in-baseball/

I know, I know, another Pujols thread, but 1) the main one appears to have sank off the front page, and 2) this HAS to stop. This isn't "ah man, this guy isn't playing as well as you would think from his contract!" or even "man, that guy at the bottom of the lineup isn't very good!" This is "that man who is in the heart of our lineup is the single most useless player in ALL OF BASEBALL, bar none."

Glad to see Jeter made that list.

5 minutes ago, nate said:

I am sure that @Stradling has it memorized.

No I don't have it memorized, I don't dwell on things like this all that much.  I believe he will retire early, but it is possible I am projecting.  I do find it hilarious that we see a new Albert sucks thread each day so we can bitch about it each day.  He is awful, but to go back to it all day every day, is kind of dumb.  It would be like knowing your wife is cheating on you and every day you follow her around to see her cheating on you.  And yes I know you can divorce your wife.  

Just now, nate said:

You didn't read the article.

He actually is the worst player in baseball based on WAR (-1.99)

I have eyes, I don't need to read the article to know how bad he is.  Like all of you I follow this team closely, so I know what he can and can't do anymore.  I also don't need to know he is the worst in baseball, I know he is awful and expensive.  

On a purely statistical basis, moving Albert down in the order would account for approximately 2 runs over the course of a season relative to what we have elsewhere.  

Replacing him with a slightly below avg hitter would amount to about 20 runs or 2 wins.  (a league avg or slightly below type hitter at the DH spot is about replacement level).  

Point being that if they are going to play him, it doesn't really matter where in the lineup they put him.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

On a purely statistical basis, moving Albert down in the order would account for approximately 2 runs over the course of a season relative to what we have elsewhere.  

Replacing him with a slightly below avg hitter would amount to about 20 runs or 2 wins.  (a league avg or slightly below type hitter at the DH spot is about replacement level).  

Point being that if they are going to play him, it doesn't really matter where in the lineup they put him.  

No one will believe that the next time he hits into a double play, even if it is true.  

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think he is legitimately the worst regular in MLB. 

And for only $185,000 per game for the next four years!!

25 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Can someone find the quote when he signed that said he would retire if the time came?

http://www.ocregister.com/2015/02/22/could-albert-pujols-retire-before-the-end-of-his-contract/

10 minutes ago, ksangel said:

And for only $185,000 per game for the next four years!!

http://www.ocregister.com/2015/02/22/could-albert-pujols-retire-before-the-end-of-his-contract/

That one isn't to be taken seriously. That was him talking about retiring to watch his daughter in the Olympics, which for various reasons is almost impossible. 

I do believe he has said at other times he would retire if he didn't feel he could compete. I haven't googled to find those comments exactly. 

I also find it kind of pointless to keep making these Pujols sucks threads.  It's pretty obvious to all fans here that he is a hole in the lineup.  We all (I think anyway) want him batting like 7th or lower in the lineup and every time we see him hitting 3 or 4, we die a little inside.  It's been posted over and over and over again that he is simply not going to hit lower as long as Scioscia is the manager and Alberts ego gets in the way.  I haven't done any research but I have to think he has had one of the worst seasons out of any 3 or 4 hitter.  Certainly the highest paid suckage/bang for your buck.  We as fans need to realize we will have to win in spite of his presence in the lineup.  That's the new strategy.