• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols is the worst player in baseball (technically)

krAbs

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Im not going to get baited into arguing with you against what you think it sounds like.  My literal words are there and I have said explicitly my opinion has to do witj the change in demand for info, not a job performance review.  Either you have the intelligence and mental discipline to take words for their explicitly expressed meanings or you dont.

This is a constant complaint from you.  I am not making it up.  If you want to alter your argument to talk about some future. I don't think being an a hole in an interview will be good at getting future interview

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

By the way, I agree with you that the media landscape will change. It already has, obviously. I don't think it's because the public doesn't want what we produce. I think it's because they've come to expect it to be free, which is our fault. 

So for fun, how about if something like this happened. . . 

Let's say the somebody or a couple of dudes get a bulky following on their YouTube channel covering baseball games live.  And the technology changes so that you can choose your video feed separately from your audio feed and you can pull in the audio from YouTube or some other way.

The legal stuff would get sticky and what might emerge is the sport staring its own "open mic" audio channels because they want the ears under their control for advertising.  Just like the most views on YouTube get paid, the most interesting or funny commentary and play by play would earn revenue.

No more nepotism or ex jocks having a monopoly on the audio media.

Things are going to change.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is a constant complaint from you.  I am not making it up.  If you want to alter your argument to talk about some future. I don't think being an a hole in an interview will be good at getting future interview

Look I am getting more comfortable with the idea that not everyone on a message board will get the context of everything and rather will fill in the blanks with their own interpretation.  I just don't feel the need to try to correct all of it.

But I get what YOU are saying. . .that you hate children and that the Angels should move to Alaska, right?

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

There are also columnists (Jeff Miller and Mark Whicker at my organization) whose job is to have an opinion and say what they think the Angels should do. They get tons of emails from readers telling them what they'd like them to write. Feel free to let them know what you think. 

Please pass the word along to Jeff Miller that everyone here thinks he should grow back the mullet. It's one thing we can all agree on. It binds us. 

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Look I am getting more comfortable with the idea that not everyone on a message board will get the context of everything and rather will fill in the blanks with their own interpretation.  I just don't feel the need to try to correct all of it.

But I get what YOU are saying. . .that you hate children and that the Angels should move to Alaska, right?

Can they play on a cruise ship?

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

So for fun, how about if something like this happened. . . 

Let's say the somebody or a couple of dudes get a bulky following on their YouTube channel covering baseball games live.  And the technology changes so that you can choose your video feed separately from your audio feed and you can pull in the audio from YouTube or some other way.

The legal stuff would get sticky and what might emerge is the sport staring its own "open mic" audio channels because they want the ears under their control for advertising.  Just like the most views on YouTube get paid, the most interesting or funny commentary and play by play would earn revenue.

No more nepotism or ex jocks having a monopoly on the audio media.

Things are going to change.

Now you're talking about something entirely different.

The value of the media is not what happens during the game. It's what happens before and after it. During the game, I'm just watching, the same as you.

The value the media provides is having access to players, managers, etc. before and after the game. And it's not just pithy quotes we get, but information. 

Why didn't Kaleb Cowart play? Sore groin.

Why did Andrew Heaney stop throwing his curve? Didn't have confidence in it.

Why didn't Mike Trout realize he didn't have to jump for that ball? Sun was in his eyes. 

Again, none of this is going to win me a Pulitzer, but it's all stuff that I'm there to ask on your behalf. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Now you're talking about something entirely different.

The value of the media is not what happens during the game. It's what happens before and after it. During the game, I'm just watching, the same as you.

The value the media provides is having access to players, managers, etc. before and after the game. And it's not just pithy quotes we get, but information. 

Why didn't Kaleb Cowart play? Sore groin.

Why did Andrew Heaney stop throwing his curve? Didn't have confidence in it.

Why didn't Mike Trout realize he didn't have to jump for that ball? Sun was in his eyes. 

Again, none of this is going to win me a Pulitzer, but it's all stuff that I'm there to ask on your behalf. 

And I appreciate it.  It's all good Jeff.  I dont think it's a crime to wonder how a "flaw" (in my opinion) will get "fixed" going forward.  I think it will.  Access to guys like Scioscia is narrow and they don't have to do more than they are doing now.  Not yet.  But broken record here. . .I predict it will change. Everything does.

23 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

And I appreciate it.  It's all good Jeff.  I dont think it's a crime to wonder how a "flaw" (in my opinion) will get "fixed" going forward.  I think it will.  Access to guys like Scioscia is narrow and they don't have to do more than they are doing now.  Not yet.  But broken record here. . .I predict it will change. Everything does.

Oh, I agree it will change. But I don't think it's going to change the way you think it is. 

If you believe there will be some world in which the Angels grant more access to Scioscia so regular people can hold him accountable directly, I don't see what the financial incentive would be for them to do that. The vast majority of ticket-buying fans and TV viewers are far less questioning and critical than you guys here. They just wanna have a good time and see fireworks. 

I don't think there are enough people like you out there to say "you're going to lose my business if you don't provide me better answers" for them to feel any motivation to be more open than they are. 

Instead, it's more likely to go the other way. Even less accountability, more fluff quotes. 

5 hours ago, krAbs said:

I would actually be really curious if someone could build a machine where you simulate a season with different positions. like...take whatever hits or outs they got, in whatever order, play it again, and see how many games difference you have. Extrapolate based on like...a 14 game average (7 before, 7 after) to account for extra at-bats.

they have that.  or some version of it.  basically they take raw stats and remove sequencing.  

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is where statistics have lied to you. And he doesn't need to be replaced by a league average hitter, the Angels have two guys above league average to hit behind Trout in Cron and Simmons. 

Regardless, Pujols has an ops+ of 74. You could bat Ben Revere in his place and not see any drop off, nor would you see Revere thrown out like last night on a shortstop error. Once on the basepaths Pujols is a boat anchor, unable to generate any extra bases with his legs.

He is a detriment of huge proportions in the #3 spot. He is the designated out. 

why is it a lie?  If he's in the lineup, his awfulness cannot be hidden.  

45 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Oh, I agree it will change. But I don't think it's going to change the way you think it is. 

If you believe there will be some world in which the Angels grant more access to Scioscia so regular people can hold him accountable directly, I don't see what the financial incentive would be for them to do that. The vast majority of ticket-buying fans and TV viewers are far less questioning and critical than you guys here. They just wanna have a good time and see fireworks. 

I don't think there are enough people like you out there to say "you're going to lose my business if you don't provide me better answers" for them to feel any motivation to be more open than they are. 

Instead, it's more likely to go the other way. Even less accountability, more fluff quotes. 

You may be right.  We will see.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Nah, it isn't our money.  We have total control over whether or not we spend money on this product.  If you want to pretend you pay his salary because you have FoxSportsWest, go for it.  You are just trying to be a victim.  It is silly.  Who the hell pays extra for FoxSportsWest.  I am nearly positive it comes with basic cable.  If the only reason you have cable is to watch the Angels, that sucks.  I didn't even feel it was my money when I had season seats all those years.  It is Arte's money and to think the prices would be different without Albert is stupid.  I highly doubt there is a huge difference between going to an Angel game and going to a Padre game.  

My direct tv bill has a specific line item of $7.99/month for regional sports programming.

I just read the rest of your post and agree. The seat prices aren't a factor of salaries. It's econ 101. Arte charges to optimize his profits - not necessarily the highest prices.

If seat prices were a function of salaries, then UCLA and USC football games would be $5 a ticket.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I didn't go to a game this year.

I also spend several hours/calls with direct tv every year to reduce my bill. If you don't pare it back every year, it grows and grows.

And before I hear from you cord cutters and streamers, fuck you, you are just like the beer snobs. 99% of the tv I watch is on a dvr. 

You wouldn't need a dvr if you....

never mind