• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Twins acquire Santiago

ettin

This is possibly why the Angles traded Santiago for Meyers. 

Meyers - ranked fifth best prospect and best curveball in Twins system by Baseball America entering 2015...also best fastball and best breaking pitch in International League by Baseball America...Named 29th best prospect in baseball by MLB.com entering 2015.

Maybe he'll pan out...maybe not.

At least the Angels have a better shot at a top 5 draft pick in 2017 now!

2 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Calm down boys.  None of the players on either side mean anything to the future of either club.  We're just exchanging role players here, not All Stars or future greatness.  Nothing great is going to happen until our farm gets stronger, or we find more peanuts.

Did you see the market for relievers? I'm more excited about who we got for Joe Smith. Put Santiago in the pen for a couple of months and we could've gotten another player far better than anyone already involved in the deal.

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

mentioned earlier that it's exactly what they did.  Always trying to supplement for the next season.  Using every resource to patch.  Never building.  

Worst thing is, I've been telling people on here that the market for Santiago wouldn't be too hot, and yet here I sit, rather disappointed in the return. Eppler better hope he's the smartest guy in the room when it comes to Meyer.

Fleeced.  Absolutely fleeced.  Our FO, manger and ownership suck.  I am holding out hope that the physical fails, but our crack medical team will clear Meyers, even if he can't lift his arm.  Disgusting.  Santiago was no stud, but out of all the trades that went down, this one is absurd.

1 minute ago, JoJo26 said:

Today's Quiz Time:

Worse Trade?

1.) Hector to Twins

2.) Napoli to Blue Jays

I'll hang up and listen off the air....

This deal doesn't compare to Napoli/Wells on multiple levels. The money alone sets them apart. Napoli for Wells is one of the all-time worst trades for any team with regards to what they gave up production wise and what they took on money wise(without any production). While this Santiago trade stinks, the money is a wash at least. Honestly, it's just a pointless trade by both teams really

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Worst thing is, I've been telling people on here that the market for Santiago wouldn't be too hot, and yet here I sit, rather disappointed in the return. Eppler better hope he's the smartest guy in the room when it comes to Meyer.

it's not too hot of a market because of what we were looking for.  If they'd have accepted a couple of nice A+/AA pieces, then we'd all be singing a different tune I think.  But we are always mortgaging our assets for the immediate future.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

it's not too hot of a market because of what we were looking for.  If they'd have accepted a couple of nice A+/AA pieces, then we'd all be singing a different tune I think.  But we are always mortgaging our assets for the immediate future.  

This is exactly right and exactly how I feel. I'd rather have 2 of the guy in the Smith trade and $8 million that either piece we got back in this trade.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think he's trying to be the smartest guy in the room on Nolasco to be honest (and I hate it).  Basically, he's pulling a Jerry Dipoto and betting on FIP being the true measure of his performance level  --  could be Blanton redux....

Year - ERA - FIP - xFIP

2014 - 5.36 - 4.30 - 3.97

2015 - 6.75 - 3.51 - 4.01

2016 - 5.14 - 4.29 - 4.44

So, if someone is looking for a silver lining -- this is pretty much it.  Basically we are left to hope that the Twins bad defense (its been awful), has made for some unlucky results..   

At least the Smith deal isn't a letdown.

4 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

This is pretty much the same reaction as the Simmons trade ... we all know how that worked out.

it baffles me too ... but I'm just a fan. 

I didn't like the Simmons trade but at least I thought it was a fair trade...I just didn't agree with the reasoning behind it....and I still don't.....but that's different than this one....this appears to be just a bad deal....I don't know what the hell the point is with this one...

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You guys wanted a fucking trade,  spent a week babbling about it in a thread,  well here is your damn trade.  Be happy. 

You have to admit though that Santiago and Busenitz for a nearly washed up pitcher and a no longer decent prospect is a pretty mediocre deal.

"Evaluators I asked like what Angels got for Santiago. They need to take risks on pitchers with potential & don’t have means to acquire"

I have laugh at people getting upset over trading a #4 starter and taking a risk on a guy who was a top prospect. The Angels can replace Santiago. Losing Richards and Heaney is what F'd this team up.