• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Twins acquire Santiago

ettin

Just now, Dochalo said:

Tiger fans are pissed that they didn't get Santiago at such a low cost.  

We got a buyer's deal in a sellers market.  awesome.  

I'm wondering if there weren't better deals on the table, but Eppler went for the deal that 'replaced' Santiago in the rotation next year and included a second pitcher who is 'ready' now.

1 minute ago, SigBaby said:

I think the main worry is that Meyers is hurt but Santiago is incredibly inconsistent and has always outperformed his peripherals which is probably a big reason why no other team wanted to trade for him. Remember we almost swung a deal last offseason for Brian Matusz a lefty reliever other teams dont seem to value him much and i just dont think he'll ever become a consistent starter

Santiago is very consistent. He's consistently mediocre. But Meyer hasn't shown anything the last few seasons that show he'd even be mediocre in MLB.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm wondering if there weren't better deals on the table, but Eppler went for the deal that 'replaced' Santiago in the rotation next year and included a second pitcher who is 'ready' now.

mentioned earlier that it's exactly what they did.  Always trying to supplement for the next season.  Using every resource to patch.  Never building.  

Just now, well_red said:

wtf is this?  eppler just bored with nothing to do, twiddling his thumbs at his desk?  did arte walk by his office while he was playing solitaire so he threw this together to make it look like he was working on the future?  fuck me.

I have it on good authority that this is not how it went down.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

mentioned earlier that it's exactly what they did.  Always trying to supplement for the next season.  Using every resource to patch.  Never building.  

Doc--- I guess we'll see but subtracting a mediocre starter and adding a garbage starter (Nolasco) and an injured first round bust doesn't seem like patching to me....it just seems stupid to me....but that's just me.....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

Doc--- I guess we'll see but subtracting a mediocre starter and adding a garbage starter (Nolasco) and an injured first round bust doesn't seem like patching to me....it just seems stupid to me....but that's just me.....

but the attempt was there.  We got an innings eater for 2017.   Someone who isn't quite as good as what we had and another guy who is 'major league ready' to help the team for next year.  We will soon hear about his minor shoulder issues (even though he hasn't pitched since may), and that he'll be ready to go for 2017.  

Eppler's quote will be something along the line of us being able to supplement the back end of the rotation while still obtain a player with considerable upside who will be ready to compete for a rotation spot next year.  

Calm down boys.  None of the players on either side mean anything to the future of either club.  We're just exchanging role players here, not All Stars or future greatness.  Nothing great is going to happen until our farm gets stronger, or we find more peanuts.