• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Twins acquire Santiago

ettin

3 minutes ago, failos said:

I was literally going to post this. I think this might be one of the worst trades in a while. 

Why trade a young pitcher when this team has suffered 3-4 TJ surgeries? This team isn't going to be good for a very long time. 

But, but , but what about the Trout window? 

I don't understand the hate for Meyer he hasn't even been given a chance in the majors and was a top prospect not long ago. Santiago has shown only that he is inconsistent and couldn't be relied upon for anything. That being said I do think we couldve gotten a better return given how the market has played out

1 minute ago, SigBaby said:

I don't understand the hate for Meyer he hasn't even been given a chance in the majors and was a top prospect not long ago. Santiago has shown only that he is inconsistent and couldn't be relied upon for anything. That being said I do think we couldve gotten a better return given how the market has played out

My issue is that the dude's already 26 with little MLB experience and is currently battling shoulder issues which are awful for pitchers. No clue if he can even be a starter. He could potentially be a really good reliever though.

Busenitz, 25, sped past Double-A this year and has struggled in Triple-A. Can reach triple-digits with his fastball.

100 mph and you trade the guy for Ricky Nolasco? lol

Per , Angels get Jesus Castillo from Cubs for Smith. 20-year-old RHSP from Venezuela. 3.27 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 10.4 K/9 in A ball.

Dont know if this was posted yet, but we trade Joe Smith for Jesus Castillo.

Just looking at the statistics though I think if Meyer is healthy he can perform at Santiago's level they're actually similar pitchers in regards to control issues but good stuff. 

My opinion of this trade is we basically got a guy who is as much of a toss up as Santiago is going forward, but cheaper and controllable for longer. On top of that we got a 5 starter for next year so we won't have to discuss re-signing Weaver anymore