• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

The only things holding Eppler back right now are Arte, lack of tradeable talent and possibly a lack of ability to persuade Arte.  Dipoto also lacked in power of persuasion. If Eppler truly thinks his best chance is to trade everyone not named Trout, then he needs to make that happen.  If he believes the best way to win is to get rid of Scioscia then he needs to make that happen.  

27 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

For me, Bedrosian is untouchable. I'm sold on his enormous potential. It would have to be an incredible deal to let him go.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you here.  Now is the time to trade Bedrosian.

In 6 seasons in the Minors, Bedrosian has a 4.38 ERA 1.386 WHIP. 

For the Angels, in 2014, 17 games 6.52 ERA 1.81 WHIP, in 2015, 34 games 5.40 ERA 1.77 WHIP.  This year is his first good year at 0.92 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP.

To me, this year screams fluke.  So if some team offers a good amount, I wouldn't hesitate to trade him. 

But I think that's part of the problem over the last decade for the Angels.  They don't sell high.  They keep those gold coins like it's some kind of precious, only to find out later the coins were brass. 

Any time you can get a haul for a reliever it's worth exploring but I just don't see Bedrosian getting that type of return. Not anywhere near enough of a track record to convince a team to give up that much. Ken Giles had 2 great seasons before the Astros traded for him and Kimbrel, Miller, and Chapman have been atop the leaderboard for relievers for the past couple of years as well.

55 minutes ago, mram197 said:

It's moronic to think this team can pull a rabbit out of its butt and make the playoffs this year. 

It's just as moronic to think this team can compete next year with a few tweaks here or there, a la trades for Reddick or others. 

Hopefully Eppler recognizes the futility of competing this year and next and can pull off some trades of Shoemaker, Santiago, Bedrosian, Escobar, and Smith while their value is high.

Unfortunately he seems just as skilled as Stoneman at pulling off deadline deals. 

As moronic as thinking that anything other than completely gutting the team means they think they are a playoff contender?    

Funny to see people bitching about Stoneman and trades again...   If only he had not stepped down when he did this team wouldn't be in this mess.   But you guys got your Trader Jack GM and man did he makes us better..

Morons didn't know how good they had it.   HR hitters and trades -- that's the heat.

Yeah, say what you want about Stoneman and his lack of trading, dude had this farm system stacked with talent/depth all over which was crucial in this team sustaining the success it did for as long as it did. None of the GM's since have come close to replicating that and the farm is in the worst shape it's been in for a long time

I am sure Eppler has been very active, but you have to realize that our trade pieces are a bunch of bridesmaids.  

Smith will get traded when teams like the Giants or Marlins or Mets have turned over a bunch of other rocks without finding anything.    

When you have guys that are everyone's 3rd, 7th, and 12th choice, you have to wait.  

You don't trade Simmons or Calhoun right now because you are obligated to see what happens in 2018.  The perception of the common fan is that guys return from TJ surg after missing a year, and they are at full strength.  There are also quite a few fans who don't want to give up 2017.  So as much as we think the team is better off making some moves right now (I think they should), we are not the general fan.  

The perception of moving Street, Santiago, and Escobar and people are thinking 'fire sale' even though some know it's not.  

We'll enter next season with a lot of 'well, maybe we have a chance' 

I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.  

I would be fine with them conceding 2017 and moving Hector, Street, and Escobar, but I am curious about whether we can compete in 2018. 

The yankees are showing some serious balls right now and hats off to them.  They are doing what is right for the long term future of their club.  Pretty tough to do in that market.  Picking up Clippard is a potentially brilliant move.  If they are doing what I think they are, they are going to make him their closer and try to boost his value so they can get another haul of prospects at the deadline next year.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The only things holding Eppler back right now are Arte, lack of tradeable talent and possibly a lack of ability to persuade Arte.  Dipoto also lacked in power of persuasion. If Eppler truly thinks his best chance is to trade everyone not named Trout, then he needs to make that happen.  If he believes the best way to win is to get rid of Scioscia then he needs to make that happen.  

That sounds so crazy to think like that. There's no chance Eppler signed a deal to be the GM and then actually have no power to do anything he wants. If he's not doing anything it's because he doesn't want to other wise quit and get a job where the title above your name is what your able to do. If nothing happens its on Eppler not Arte. I don't believe Arte is going to handcuff a what third in a row GM?

Bedrosian absolutely dominated AAA in 2014 and the Angels have been waiting for him to show that level of dominance in MLB...it's here.  He's a cost-controlled closer with electric stuff which, while not untouchable, makes him extremely valuable right now.  You only trade him if you are blown away.

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I am sure Eppler has been very active, but you have to realize that our trade pieces are a bunch of bridesmaids.  

The deals that I have seen made so far are talents above and beyond anything that we have to offer. We have no one on the block who could be a major difference maker for a contending club, and that is what those GMs are looking for.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you here.  Now is the time to trade Bedrosian.

In 6 seasons in the Minors, Bedrosian has a 4.38 ERA 1.386 WHIP. 

For the Angels, in 2014, 17 games 6.52 ERA 1.81 WHIP, in 2015, 34 games 5.40 ERA 1.77 WHIP.  This year is his first good year at 0.92 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP.

To me, this year screams fluke.  So if some team offers a good amount, I wouldn't hesitate to trade him. 

But I think that's part of the problem over the last decade for the Angels.  They don't sell high.  They keep those gold coins like it's some kind of precious, only to find out later the coins were brass. 

K-Rod struggled some in the minors, although mainly when starting.

Shoe also struggled some in the minors.

Sometimes, it takes some time to find it.