• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

1 minute ago, Oz27 said:

Yep. I don't think it would be Ken Giles big but it would be big. If someone offered 75 per cent of the value of that Giles package we would be crazy not to take it.

I agree.  Trading great bullpen arms at the deadline can get you quite the haul.  

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

At some point you have to realize where you are in the standings and start building for the future. That "Win Now Trout Window" is going to end up crippling us. Ironically it looks like the Yankees are trying harder to build a team around Trout more than we are. 

They're building a team around Harper, who will be hitting FA 2 years prior than Trout

16 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

At some point you have to realize where you are in the standings and start building for the future. That "Win Now Trout Window" is going to end up crippling us. Ironically it looks like the Yankees are trying harder to build a team around Trout more than we are. 

You must have been a lot of fun to be around on Exposwin.com around 1994 and 1995.

Deadline is 4 PM EST tomorrow so they still have another day to go. Regarding Joe Smith, this could be a good reference point of what to expect in return for him

Won't be getting much back for a middle reliever who is an upcoming FA and hasn't been close to dominant

57 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Gotta wonder what Bedrosian's value is at this point. He has been one of the best relief pitchers in baseball and has 5 years of club control. I'd think he'd command an absolute haul.

For me, Bedrosian is untouchable. I'm sold on his enormous potential. It would have to be an incredible deal to let him go.

It's moronic to think this team can pull a rabbit out of its butt and make the playoffs this year. 

It's just as moronic to think this team can compete next year with a few tweaks here or there, a la trades for Reddick or others. 

Hopefully Eppler recognizes the futility of competing this year and next and can pull off some trades of Shoemaker, Santiago, Bedrosian, Escobar, and Smith while their value is high.

Unfortunately he seems just as skilled as Stoneman at pulling off deadline deals.