• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The Yankees are trading away one dimensional players (closers) for prospects, then the Yankees will go out and spend big money on a closer in the off season.  They aren't really shedding payroll, they are capitalizing on the market for closers at the deadline.  Let's not make this about something it isn't.  

The Yankees are building for the future. There's nothing wrong with that. 

What choice do they have?  Their major league team has no impact players, outside of their bullpen arms.  We can talk about how bad the Angels have mismanaged funds, but the Yankees take the cake.  Tex, Elsbury, Arod, CC, and I am sure there are others.  Good news for the Yankees is Beltran, who is also expensive, is having a good year, and will probably be moved at the deadline.  

1 minute ago, m0nkey said:

Say what you want but Tex, arod, and the original CC contract got them a ring

Oh I know.  However, if we would have won it all in 2013 and Albert was performing like he is now with his contract escalating up, with Hamilton gone, Wilson gone for the year and Weaver being ineffective the last couple of years, I highly doubt we would feel much better about the contracts of Hamilton and Albert, or the outlook of the franchise.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Oh I know.  However, if we would have won it all in 2013 and Albert was performing like he is now with his contract escalating up, with Hamilton gone, Wilson gone for the year and Weaver being ineffective the last couple of years, I highly doubt we would feel much better about the contracts of Hamilton and Albert, or the outlook of the franchise.  

A ring makes a lot of people feel better

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Of course it does.  But a ring two years ago would only change the narrative from, "what have you done for me lately" to "how the mighty have fallen".  

Welcome to modern sports. No one is ever satisfied with anything. You win the Championship and if you start slow the next year it's garbage 

Just now, Stradling said:

Yep, it is disgusting.  

Agree why I've backed off following my teams like I used to. I kept contemplating to myself other than the joy in the moment of my team winning it all. It doesn't do anything else further than that. The day after your thinking if next year. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yep.  They spent big money on Miller and they took advantage of a low asking price for Chapman when he was going through the domestic violence situation which landed him a 30 game suspension.  The Dodgers had a deal in place for Chapman and backed out.  I don't blame them, the domestic violence thing would scare off most teams.  But if they followed through on that trade, they would be in a much better place right now.

its just weird hearing the dodgers shy away from a criminal. didnt they add seats to the stadium for people like that?

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

its just weird hearing the dodgers shy away from a criminal. didnt they add seats to the stadium for people like that?

I wouldn't talk crap Angels have had some shitty game do some shitty things at our games as well. 

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What choice do they have?  Their major league team has no impact players, outside of their bullpen arms.  We can talk about how bad the Angels have mismanaged funds, but the Yankees take the cake.  Tex, Elsbury, Arod, CC, and I am sure there are others.  Good news for the Yankees is Beltran, who is also expensive, is having a good year, and will probably be moved at the deadline.  

Steinbrenner spent tons of money and won some rings. Moreno tried to do the same and crapped out. Moreno is butt hurt and so are the fans. Now the Yankees suck (but still beating us and have a better record) and now they are building for the future and may someday be in play for Trout. 

I think it's smart to dump vets for prospects when it's a forgone conclusion that you're not going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Steinbrenner spent tons of money and won some rings. Moreno tried to do the same and crapped out. Moreno is butt hurt and so are the fans. Now the Yankees suck (but still beating us and have a better record) and now they are building for the future and may someday be in play for Trout

I think it's smart to dump vets for prospects when it's a forgone conclusion that you're not going anywhere.

Just couldn't resist.  

"I'm an excellent driver"

9 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Steinbrenner spent tons of money and won some rings. Moreno tried to do the same and crapped out. Moreno is butt hurt and so are the fans. Now the Yankees suck (but still beating us and have a better record) and now they are building for the future and may someday be in play for Trout. 

If you haven't noticed pretty much everyone would probably be in on Trout including the team that still has him the Angels

If you haven't noticed pretty much everyone would probably be in on Trout including the team that still has him the Angels

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just couldn't resist.  

"I'm an excellent driver"

Well Strad with all due respect if you don't think that Trout will be open to other options you're delirious. His agent said that he will keep his options open. As for the Yankees, they recognize that they're not "win now" so I think it's smart to move players that won't be around when their prospects blossom. Tex, Sabathia, Beltran, A-Rod will soon vacate some huge salary space and they will reinvest when the time comes. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

As will the Angels with Hamilton, Weaver and Wilson off of the books.  

difference being the yankees have a solid farmsystem with plenty of prospects in the mid-upper level. Angels have the worst farmsystem in baseball and have been for many years now.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The Angels have four years to develop a farm system.  And while obviously the Yankees have a better system than the Angels, they also historically have the most over rated system in baseball. 

I haven't read through this thread and not really sure what you guys are arguing about, so I guess I'll just go back to the sideline.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The Angels have four years to develop a farm system.  And while obviously the Yankees have a better system than the Angels, they also historically have the most over rated system in baseball. 

If Arte doesn't sign high dollar free agents that cost us draft picks we could get there in four years. The Yankees do have a head start though. 

52 minutes ago, Stradling said:

As will the Angels with Hamilton, Weaver and Wilson off of the books.  

Reading between the lines and supposably from people in the know, Arte is done spending big money.   The Angels have no World Series appearances and have not won their division and gotten to the playoffs nearly as much as he wanted under his ownership.   He's been burned by too many contracts and looking around the league, he sees you don't have to spend the big bucks to win.

Obviously, I hope all of this is wrong but the last couple of years, the writing has been on the wall pretty much.