• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

4 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I'm sure he felt that game was a failure.  The season?  Himself?

Not so much, which is what we were discussing.  

Look, nobody is happy with what this season is giving us.  Nobody is happy looking at what it seems the near future of this team looks like.  But it doesn't mean I don't follow the team.  It doesn't mean I don't look at the box score everyday to see who played well and who didn't.  It doesn't mean I can't enjoy following the Angels.  If this concept were true, the Cubs would have been out of business 70 years ago.

You may be taking me wrong. I still watch the games, I look at the box scores every day, and I will be disappointed when the last game of the season is over.  I would also like to feel the excitement of that 2002 season again, see the players celebrate, the fans going nuts. 

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

When you have a plan in place like Theo did when he took over it was new. Similar to the new GM of the Houston Astros was hired in 2011 with a new plan to be good now. Looks like they are doing well and made the playoffs last year so I guess that would be two. 

I guess Dipoto had a good plan since we had the best record in mlb in 2014 

6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

It is unsuccessful. It can be a sign of the right direction but if u play for a WS Victory anything short is a failure. U either win or you failed as a team. 

are you saying that you're the best in your field at what you do?  

48 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don't like this thread.

I think when there is a trade there should be a thread about it, not mixed in here.  It gets confusing and you can't just scroll the main page for news.

image.jpeg

Agreed maybe a real trade thread 

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

See again if you ask golden state fans especially a year after winning it all if last year was a success I'm sure they'd tell you no. Also if you've heard any oh Currys interviews that series still eats at him I don't think he'd call that season a success. Like LeBron wouldn't call last years defeat in the finals a success. You can find joy and excitement and personal individual goals a success but as of the team. Getting there and losing sucks that much worse. Cause you could taste it. 

Your a loser if you think a season that set the record his history of nba was unsuccessful.  After a heartbreaking loss every athlete will say it's a disappointment.  But if you ask Curry a year from now I guarantee you he will not say it was unsuccessful.  You do know the difference between unsuccessful and disappointed don't you?

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

And again if your not striving to be the best then what's the point. Being the best in a given industry is harder to define then being the best in sports at the end there's a trophy in sports that says you were the best in the professional world there is usually not. Depending what profession you get yourself into. 

Again I hope you recognize the difference in striving to be your best and winning it all.  I agree with you about the purpose of striving for greatness.  But greatness is not defined by winning every game or every championship.

23 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Your a loser if you think a season that set the record his history of nba was unsuccessful.  After a heartbreaking loss every athlete will say it's a disappointment.  But if you ask Curry a year from now I guarantee you he will not say it was unsuccessful.  You do know the difference between unsuccessful and disappointed don't you?

Ok I'll trust the athlete himself. Brady and Curry are both pissed off at the end of both those seasons. I wonder if Brady is happy about how last year played out or Cam. You can make strides as an individual and have a successful individual season but as a team they fell short and in that respect its a failure. Especially because Brady and Curry have both won a championship before less so for Cam and the Panthers