• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

was last year a successful season for the mets or cubs?

I consider our 2014 season to be successful.  

that doesn't change the goal.  You can not fail while still having some level of disappointment with the outcome.  

No I don't believe it was. I'm sure Cubs fans or Mets fans aren't stoked bout it either. Angels had a great 2014 regular season and got swept in the first round. Sure the Angels regular season was a success but they fell short and failed miserably in the post season

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

It's not just me I'm not having a conversation by myself 

you asked a question about what defines a successful season. that should be in a new thread, not a thread about trade deadline deals. those who want to continue the discussion with you on this topic should follow you over there.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

you asked a question about what defines a successful season. that should be in a new thread, not a thread about trade deadline deals. those who want to continue the discussion with you on this topic should follow you over there.

I didn't start this

You obviously misunderstood me.  You obviously compete to win.  Of course you strive to be the best.  That is the epitome of sport.  But success isn't defined by being the best.  It is defined on how hard you competed to be the best.  Golden State had a great season.  Losing in 7 games to the best player in the game playing his best does not negate their success.

It's about competing.  That means your trying to be the best and and watching teams compete to be the best in what is enjoyably about sports.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You obviously misunderstood me.  You obviously compete to win.  Of course you strive to be the best.  That is the epitome of sport.  But success isn't defined by being the best.  It is defined on how hard you competed to be the best.  Golden State had a great season.  Losing in 7 games to the best player in the game playing his best does not negate their success.

It's about competing.  That means your trying to be the best and and watching teams compete to be the best in what is enjoyably about sports.

See again if you ask golden state fans especially a year after winning it all if last year was a success I'm sure they'd tell you no. Also if you've heard any oh Currys interviews that series still eats at him I don't think he'd call that season a success. Like LeBron wouldn't call last years defeat in the finals a success. You can find joy and excitement and personal individual goals a success but as of the team. Getting there and losing sucks that much worse. Cause you could taste it. 

30 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Just as much responsibility lies with the so called "moderator" who was a major part of 3 wasted pages here.

Take it outside boys.

Thanks bro.  Incredibly sorry to waste your time forcing you to read these 3 pages.  You can now go back to being productive in the trade deadline thread.  

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

He traded off every conceivable asset on the Major League Roster and built back up. Bullshit they were a good farm system most of his good farm system assets were not on the farm when he took over. So believe what you want. 

2010 MLB farm rankings:

14. Cubs

Depth: Chicago's system is deeper than it has been in the years, though many of its best prospects are still a year or two away from the majors. 

2011 MLB farm rankings:

16. Cubs:

Depth: Chicago gave up two of its best prospects in January when RHP Chris Archer and SS Hak-Ju Lee headlined the five-player package sent to the Rays in the Matt Garza trade. The Cubs' depth is more impressive than their impact talent, as one pro scout who covered them noted last year that they may have more future big leaguers than any other system.  

Doesn't really sound as if their farm system was all that bad. 

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

2010 MLB farm rankings:

14. Cubs

Depth: Chicago's system is deeper than it has been in the years, though many of its best prospects are still a year or two away from the majors. 

2011 MLB farm rankings:

16. Cubs:

Depth: Chicago gave up two of its best prospects in January when RHP Chris Archer and SS Hak-Ju Lee headlined the five-player package sent to the Rays in the Matt Garza trade. The Cubs' depth is more impressive than their impact talent, as one pro scout who covered them noted last year that they may have more future big leaguers than any other system.  

Baseball America ranked the 2011 Angels farm system #15 and the Cubs at #16 so they were basically the same when Dipoto and Epstein were hired. :P

39 minutes ago, Lou said:

2010 MLB farm rankings:

14. Cubs

2011 MLB farm rankings:

16. Cubs:

14 or 16 doesn't sound all that good either but I guess it's better than last 

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

That's pretty awesome. Great job done by that guy. As a GM you just have to win more than you lose and it seems like Epstein has definitely done that. Good for him again guy is the best at what he does. And what he does is just win. If he wins a WS with the Cubs he will go down as the best GM in all of sports winning one with the Sox and the Cubs yikes 

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

90% of all players are failures by your account.  Do you believe Mike Trout feels like a failure?

Oh, I guess that makes him a loser.

LOL

Depends on how you want to look at this.  Baseball is a team sport that requires several individuals to perform. If the team loses, your individual performance does not mean much unless he is on your fantasy team.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

But as a fan that is a ridiculous standard to go by.  You must love the Harlem Globtrotters.  

and I am sure the Angels sit around and talk about how proud they are of the 2014 season when they won the most games in baseball but got swept in the playoffs. Losing is part of sports, but I don't know a lot of athletes that are happy losing.  I have been an Angel fan since 1965, so I have seen my share of bad baseball and losing. I will never be happy watching them lose.

3 minutes ago, Doug Van Oort Sr said:

and I am sure the Angels sit around and talk about how proud they are of the 2014 season when they won the most games in baseball but got swept in the playoffs. Losing is part of sports, but I don't know a lot of athletes that are happy losing.  I have been an Angel fan since 1965, so I have seen my share of bad baseball and losing. I will never be happy watching them lose.

So you quoted a post I made about being a fan and you wrote about how the Angels players feel after 2014.  I like apples and oranges as well.