• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

22 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I guess everyone who is second best is a loser.  Mike Trout is a failure because he is not as good as Babe Ruth and he hasn't won a WS.  

Trade the loser.

Your extremely hostile at the moment. Doesn't mean you can't say you had a good year if you lose the World Series just means you didn't have a successful year. Mike Trout is the best player in baseball I'm sure he is ok with himself but you should over exaggerate for effect it's becoming. im confused by your loser statement. So if you finish with silver in the olympics did you fail to win gold ? Yes you should be stoked you came in 2nd in the world but I'm sure people who win silver are super competitive and aren't as satisfied knowing they were this close to gold. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm a lifelong Bills fan which is insane but whatever. Some Bills fans I know bring up he fact they came in 2nd 4 years in a row thinking hey it'll never be accomplished that a team will go to 4 straight Super Bowls but as cool as it is I'd trade all 4 of those years for 1 Super Bowl being second best when your a fan isn't as exciting as winning it all

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If we trade anything of remote value for an impending free agent, I will shake my head back and forth several times and then write WTF in the trade thread.  

Don't do it too hard though we don't want you to hurt yourself. Nice and easy

Just now, mulwin444 said:

This is an awesome convo and all but completely irrelevant of the thread topic.  How about another post or try PMing?  Unless you are both MLB GM's...at which point, carry on

What should we call the other thread I'm confused there are so many topics in here

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Well, there is this weird, hybrid conversation bookended by actual info about potential trade deadline player movemento.  

Agreed I don't know what you call the other discussion and what you title the thread as. Random arguments? 

I hope they make a trade just to see more of what kind of GM Eppler will be in the future what he looks for how he wants to shape this team etc. we all know he values defensive abilities strongly but I'd like to know more about his philosophy going forward 

13 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I hope they make a trade just to see more of what kind of GM Eppler will be in the future what he looks for how he wants to shape this team etc. we all know he values defensive abilities strongly but I'd like to know more about his philosophy going forward 

Just because he traded for Simmons .., it doesn't mean he values defense more than any other GM. He also traded for Escobar. 

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Just because he traded for Simmons .., it doesn't mean he values defense more than any other GM. He also traded for Escobar. 

The word strongly means strongly not more than any other GM but thanks for playing the huh I'm a fat troll game. 

Escobar is 33 years old. He is only signed through 2017. He is having a career year at the plate. Our (arguably) 3 best pitchers are out until probably 2018. He is horrendous defensively and running the bases. There will not be a time when his trade value is higher. If we don't trade him now we may get next to nothing when we do decide to trade him. Winning a few games has been nice but let's be real. Outside of one of the most miraculous comebacks this years' team is going nowhere.

8 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

This is an awesome convo and all but completely irrelevant of the thread topic.  How about another post or try PMing?  Unless you are both MLB GM's...at which point, carry on

Well they can't be GMs because Kevinb has already stated multiple times he's at the very top of his profession, so he would have to be at least President of Baseball Operations for the Royals last year, the Giants the year before and the Cubs this year.  

I just don't want Arte to have Eppler be a buyer at this point.  They need to sell some of their pieces for younger players.  At this point they aren't going to get any sure things with their trade pieces but they might be able to get some high risk, high reward type players.

That is what I would like them to do. 

10 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Your extremely hostile at the moment. Doesn't mean you can't say you had a good year if you lose the World Series just means you didn't have a successful year. Mike Trout is the best player in baseball I'm sure he is ok with himself but you should over exaggerate for effect it's becoming. im confused by your loser statement. So if you finish with silver in the olympics did you fail to win gold ? Yes you should be stoked you came in 2nd in the world but I'm sure people who win silver are super competitive and aren't as satisfied knowing they were this close to gold. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm a lifelong Bills fan which is insane but whatever. Some Bills fans I know bring up he fact they came in 2nd 4 years in a row thinking hey it'll never be accomplished that a team will go to 4 straight Super Bowls but as cool as it is I'd trade all 4 of those years for 1 Super Bowl being second best when your a fan isn't as exciting as winning it all

Now your talking in circles.  Good year but unsuccessful?????

9 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Now your talking in circles.  Good year but unsuccessful?????

Do you live in a world where you can't have a good day? You can have a good year and still fall short of your ultimate goal. Which would make the season a success. I've said this shit a ton. I'm tired of defending how I think. You're allowed to have a good year and not have it be a success. You're allowed to have a great regular season but be an utter failure in the playoffs. Going 18-0 sucks hard because you were the best team all year long had an amazing year but failed because u lost to the Giants or the Cavs after winning the most regular season games. Sorry that's how I think and it's fine that you don't think that way because that's who I am and that's how I am and that is my beliefs. This is me I don't back down from being called out ever. Whether it be in person or in a message board so yes if someone says something about me or to me I'll say something back its who I am. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well they can't be GMs because Kevinb has already stated multiple times he's at the very top of his profession, so he would have to be at least President of Baseball Operations for the Royals last year, the Giants the year before and the Cubs this year.  

Confused your not allowed to be the top of your position as a GM? You can only be President? So your saying a real estate agent can't be top of his profession? He must be something else? A store manager can't be at the top of their profession because? Man you have high shoes to fill. In your mind is Trout at the top of his profession as a Center Fielder or because he is weaker playing defense he gets a knock?