• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Dude, twice in this thread you've brought up people meeting to fight it out.  Grow the fuck up.  

The last time Claude and I met, guess what we were grown ups, he introduced me to his son, he met my wife and family, and we had a pleasant evening of watching a cat jump to his death and watching Joe Smith lose a game for us against the Orioles.  

First I only brought up fighting once cause all u seem to do is talk smack on Claude on everyone of his posts. And second that's a nice story. Why does Joe Smith want to lose games for the Angels 

Just now, Kevinb said:

First I only brought up fighting once cause all u seem to do is talk smack on Claude on everyone of his posts. And second that's a nice story. Why does Joe Smith want to lose games for the Angels 

You brought up meeting up with yourself and Troll.  

Sorry to break up the spitting contest:

Blue Jays Acquire Melvin Upton

The Blue Jays have officially struck a deal to acquire outfielder Melvin Upton from the Padres. Young righty Hansel Rodriguez constitutes the return to San Diego, which will pay all but $5MM of the approximately $22MM owed to Upton this year and next, Heyman tweets.

Carry on

40 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You play sports to win championships. If you only watch to win then you are going to be miserable. 

The Angels haven't won the WS in the past 14 seasons, which sucks but it hasn't taken away my enjoyment of watching the team. The end result doesn't take away a good, exciting season.

I really hope you did not find enjoyment in watching the Angels play like they did over the weekend in Houston. If you did, you have no idea what sports are all about.

22 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Unless you are the top of your profession you are unsuccessful.  That by your definition not mine.  And I beg to differ there reply isn't much different in the professional world.  We compete .

A lot of hall of fame coaches won not by preaching winning but preaching work ethic and commitment.  My mentor as a coach never talked about winning.  He kept talking about being the hardest working team in the nation and the hardest playing team in the nation.  

My philosophy of success on over achievement.   Does the team do better than expectations.

And again if your not striving to be the best then what's the point. Being the best in a given industry is harder to define then being the best in sports at the end there's a trophy in sports that says you were the best in the professional world there is usually not. Depending what profession you get yourself into. 

4 minutes ago, Doug Van Oort Sr said:

I really hope you did not find enjoyment in watching the Angels play like they did over the weekend in Houston. If you did, you have no idea what sports are all about.

Then you shouldn't watch sports at all because your team's chance to win it all is way below average.  Might as well cut your losses and watch Days of Our Lives.

3 minutes ago, Doug Van Oort Sr said:

No, but I found enjoyment in the 6 game winning streak.

Also, what's this nonsense about "what sports are about"? It's a game. It's fun. If you don't have fun watching it then why would you even bother?

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

No, but I found enjoyment in the 6 game winning streak.

Also, what's this nonsense about "what sports are about"? It's a game. It's fun. If you don't have fun watching it then why would you even bother?

Claude, you were asked a question....

25 minutes ago, stormngt said:

What a dumb ass statement!  

Let me ask you if a team goes undefeated the entire season but gets upset the final game are they losers?

BTW I have 19 years experience coaching and scouting college and professional basketball.  So get off the "everybody" deselves a trophy bullshit 

Sports is all about playing hard and doing your best, if you lose the game you did not achieve your goal and that is to win. Yes, you can have the greatest season ever and lose in the world series, ask the players if they had a successful year. Most will tell you no, they did not reach the goal they set out to achieve, no one plays just to make it to the world series, except losers.

1 minute ago, Doug Van Oort Sr said:

Sports is all about playing hard and doing your best, if you lose the game you did not achieve your goal and that is to win. Yes, you can have the greatest season ever and lose in the world series, ask the players if they had a successful year. Most will tell you no, they did not reach the goal they set out to achieve, no one plays just to make it to the world series, except losers.

But as a fan that is a ridiculous standard to go by.  You must love the Harlem Globtrotters.