• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

11 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports tweets that top catching prospect Francisco Mejia is headed to the Brewers in the deal. Yahoo’s Jeff Passan tweets that one of left-hander Justus Sheffield or right-hander Triston McKenzie could be in the deal as well, and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer also mentions Sheffield as a possibility (Twitter link). Rosenthal tweets that shortstop Yu-Cheng Chang and outfielder Greg Allen are going to the Brewers as well.

11:00pm: The Brewers will get a fourth player as well, per Rosenthal, though the fourth prospect is of lesser quality. The trade will be four players going to Milwaukee in exchange for Lucroy. No others will be going to Cleveland, despite previous rumors of the Indians’ interest in Milwaukee’s relief corps.

10:48pm: The Brewers and Indians have reached an agreement on a trade that will send Jonathan Lucroy to Cleveland if Lucroy will waive his no-trade clause to approve the deal, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). Rosenthal adds that Milwaukee will receive three players if the trade ultimately goes through.

The Brewers are going to be such a sick team in 2-3 years.

5 hours ago, ettin said:

This is where you are absolutely wrong. His center field defense is considered nearly elite and he'll have a job based on that alone. If his bat develops fine but he will be a big league player in one form or another.

I'm absolutely wrong? I may be. But to suggest trading an all star center fielder to bridge the gap for someone struggling to hit .200 in AA striking out almost a third of the time would be more wrong. 

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I'm absolutely wrong? I may be. But to suggest trading an all star center fielder to bridge the gap for someone struggling to hit .200 in AA striking out almost a third of the time would be more wrong. 

I was typing fast so it came across strong but that is why they picked him Monkey whether he fully pans out or not is certainly debatable but he is a really good defensive CF and will be a bench player at worst in my opinion.

The Royals aren't going to compete the remainder of this year and they are going to lose Cain by the end of next year. Maybe I'm wrong about them trading Cain but getting Burns feels like they want to move Lorenzo to me. I could absolutely be 100% wrong.

Sorry the word absolutely was not a good choice.

4 minutes ago, TaTaToohie said:

Olivera already DFA'd by the Padres. Basically the Padres found a way to rid themselves of a big chunk of change by getting rid of Kemp, with no real interest in picking up anyone else. 

They also didn't want any part of dealing with the potential backlash of playing a guy who got suspended for assaulting a woman...    Olivera basically got a retirement contact at hello..   62 mil guaranteed with ZERO track record.  At least guys like Hamilton put in the wrench time before getting paid to not play.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

They also didn't want any part of dealing with the potential backlash of playing a guy who got suspended for assaulting a woman...    Olivera basically got a retirement contact at hello..   62 mil guaranteed with ZERO track record.  At least guys like Hamilton put in the wrench time before getting paid to not play.

Yup, financially they seemed like they knew what they were doing this time around. By getting rid of Kemp and taking the initiative of ending Olivera's career, they saved themselves 25.5 million. 

Too bad the Angels can't figure out how to rid themselves of some bad contracts.  

39 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Hot damn, Cleveland is giving up a lot to get Miller. Just in case you needed any more evidence on the benefits of selling now (you really shouldn't, but still).

according to Jeff Passan

The Yankees now have one of the best farm systems in game. Frazier, Torres, Mateo, Sanchez, Judge, Sheffield, Rutherford, Kaprielian and more.

.....meanwhile Billy SLEppler is silent.

53 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Hot damn, Cleveland is giving up a lot to get Miller. Just in case you needed any more evidence on the benefits of selling now (you really shouldn't, but still).

I have no problem with selling now, I just don't think we'd get a great offer for anyone we're willing to trade. If we had a guy like Miller...

Edited by Lou

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

I have no problem with selling now, I just don't think we'd get a great offer for anyone we're willing to trade. If we had a guy like Miller...

We could trade Calhoun and Simmons but choose not to. Santiago is pretty valuable though and we absolutely should take this chance to move him. Escobar's value isn't insignificant either.

Speaking of Escobar, the Indians are going super hard at this year and have a 3B weakness. That could actually be a really good fit.

I would love to sell a few guys, but we have zero idea what the offers have been.  If we were offered a great haul we would probably accept it.  If we only trade Smith it may have nothing to do with the direction of the team and have everything to do with what other teams were willing to part with. 

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

according to Jeff Passan

The Yankees now have one of the best farm systems in game. Frazier, Torres, Mateo, Sanchez, Judge, Sheffield, Rutherford, Kaprielian and more.

.....meanwhile Billy SLEppler is silent.

Can't trade what we don't have..    

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would love to sell a few guys, but we have zero idea what the offers have been.  If we were offered a great haul we would probably accept it.  If we only trade Smith it may have nothing to do with the direction of the team and have everything to do with what other teams were willing to part with. 

At some point you have to realize where you are in the standings and start building for the future. That "Win Now Trout Window" is going to end up crippling us. Ironically it looks like the Yankees are trying harder to build a team around Trout more than we are. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Anyone think the Yankees will move some of those pieces today or tomorrow for Chris Sale?

They shouldn't. They're so well set up for next year and beyond with what they have now and can make it even better by selling Beltran, Nova etc.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone think the Yankees will move some of those pieces today or tomorrow for Chris Sale?

I think they stand pat.  They are 4th in the AL East with 2 months left.  6.5 back and 4.5 back.  They get salary relief with Teix and possibly CC off the books and Arod at a buyout stage.  I can see them selling more, and trying to rebuild a dynasty like they did with the late 1990's group.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

I think they stand pat.  They are 4th in the AL East with 2 months left.  6.5 back and 4.5 back.  They get salary relief with Teix and possibly CC off the books and Arod at a buyout stage.  I can see them selling more, and trying to rebuild a dynasty like they did with the late 1990's group.

this ^^^^^

1 minute ago, wopphil said:

Gotta wonder what Bedrosian's value is at this point. He has been one of the best relief pitchers in baseball and has 5 years of club control. I'd think he'd command an absolute haul.

Yep. I don't think it would be Ken Giles big but it would be big. If someone offered 75 per cent of the value of that Giles package we would be crazy not to take it.