• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that slugging third base prospect Joey Gallo is “likely” involved in talks between the Rangers and the Brewers (Twitter link).

hasn't he been involved in every Rangers trade rumor? 

3 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Bedrosian absolutely dominated AAA in 2014 and the Angels have been waiting for him to show that level of dominance in MLB...it's here.  He's a cost-controlled closer with electric stuff which, while not untouchable, makes him extremely valuable right now.  You only trade him if you are blown away.

the reality is that the ball is coming out of his hand well right now.

I will be pleasantly surprised if the Angels make a deal at the deadline.

Moreno likes trades that allow him to part with at least two young players or prospects,  preferably three, 

Do the Angels have any prospects that are garnering interests?

If not, don't expect any activity.

It is not his philosophy to sell.

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

That's a really good, low-risk trade for the O's. The difference between my expectations (and projections) for Miley and Pomeranz for the rest of this year is f**k all. The difference in what the Orioles and Red Sox gave up is huge.

Agree wholeheartedly. If you could come away with 4 potential starting pitchers from trading yunel, Santiago and smith, maybe we would have a chance next year. 

Heck if we could get another couple starters out of Bedrosian I'd trade him too. Bullpen pieces can always be found

Biggest reason I hold onto Shoe is I'm convinced he at the very least won't lose any value. Even if he regresses a bit from this ridiculous stretch, it can be negated by him establishing himself as a legit major league starter, something that was in question last year and this spring.

The other reason is this team will still need another wave of talent in a year or two. Things change. Our needs have flip flopped in a few months time. A year ago we badly needed offense, and today our priority is starting pitching. 

Wait on Shoe, see which prospects step up this year and early next year, and look to refresh the farm accordingly with a massive Shoe trade at that time. If he keeps this up he could bring back an enormous, farm-altering haul.

It's really a shame that Street could hold his crap together.  

Agree with Strad.  Anyone who has value and isn't contracted beyond 2017 needs to be moved.  The other guys, like Shoe, Calhoun and Simmons would require a bounty above and beyond reasonable.  It would have to be an obvious win for me to trade any of them.  But for Escobar, and Santiago, just a fair deal.  Smith has to get traded.  Get something.  

Something occurred to me.  Maybe it's nothing but MLBTR says the O's have been looking for a LHSP for weeks now.  I wonder if they asked the Angels about Santiago at all.  Maybe they didn't want to give up whatever the Angels were asking.  Did anyone read anything about the O's and Angels at all?