• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards needs TJ Surgery and maybe Heaney too

nate

Just now, CALZONE said:

Tanaka is not the same pitcher as he was prior to the tear. Let's be truthful here, Richards has great stuff but has never been a great pitcher. 

Richards had one great 4 months of a season.  Tanaka, we have no idea what he was really.  He pitched most of his first season, but he very well could have been one of those pitchers that gets figured out. 

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Tanaka is not the same pitcher as he was prior to the tear. Let's be truthful here, Richards has great stuff but has never been a great pitcher. 

He may not have been a great pitcher yet, but I believe he was on the verge of being a for real #1 when his knee blew out. So now he will have to come back from TJ surgery. That's a lot for anyone. I hope he makes it.

12 minutes ago, HighDesertHaloFan said:

Richards may only be a #4 / #5 guy from here on out, so fu**ing sad!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying-fountain:

No, that's not true. Some pitchers come back stronger and throw harder after Tommy John surgery. 

Richards turns 28 in three weeks. If he's out 18 months, he'll be about 30 when he returns. He ain't a spring chicken or a "young" ace. He just may be a write-down on the balance sheet. It's almost time to move on from Garrett Richards, at least as "lead dog" on the sled team.

Meet the Angels' new "ace" -- Hector Santiago.

2 hours ago, Mark68 said:

He's an example of a pitcher who threw hard his entire career and never needed the surgery. Maybe because his delivery was efficient, maybe because his work out regimen was perfect, maybe some combination. But he proves that you don't have to have the surgery if you throw hard.

Nolan Ryan’s career ended in the Kingdome on September 22, 1993. ... “He suffered a torn ulnar lateral ligament"....At 46.

Edited by SlappyUtilityMIF

I sincerely hope that Newcomb is an awful major league pitcher, mainly because of the hard on :3705709385:so many on here have for that trade.   Whether they are in our minors or not have nothing to do with this season.  Unless of course we wanted to trade them for a pitcher that could help this year or next.  Also, we would have Aybar who has been AWFUL offensively and defensively. 

Okay, just coming into this thread. A few thoughts.

1) Initially, like most, I thought, well, my day just turned to sh*t. But wait, it didn't. This news didn't turn my day to sh*t (it was already a bad day). I can choose to be pessimistic and write off the whole season, or not. So can all of you. The only people whose days have turned to sh*t are Richards and Heaney, who will have to go through surgery and a painful recovery without knowing if they will return as the same pitchers. Let's keep the focus on where it needs to be--on the players, not on ourselves.

2) HIPAA does prevent the medical staff and PR staff from releasing anything not expressly authorized by the player. So, they can't reveal what they know until given permission by the player. Players do release things to specific reporters. Even then, the medical staff can't talk about it until authorized by the player.

3) Why the hell would you change the number of games that you attend or watch on TV? That's bandwagoning. I go to the ballpark to be entertained. As someone pointed out, if a team wins 100 games, and I see a game where they lose 17-1 and they commit 5 errors, was I entertained because they made the playoffs or was I not entertained because the play on the field was so bad? I go to games because I never know what will happen at the game, it's a chance to sit in fresh air, talk with friends, and see the game I love played by the team I care about passionately. I don't go just to see a pre-playoff team.

Go ahead and rip me on these thoughts. It's okay. I've had a rough enough day that it won't bother me. But seriously, reading through this thread today was worse and more offensive than learning the news about Richards and Heaney was.

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

The Angels medical staff is an absolute joke. They say Richards has cramps, dehydration, and fatigue, but he really has a torn UCL and needs Tommy John.

They said Heaney's UCL ligamont was, and I quote, "in tact and sound. Looks fat and healthy". Now he has UCL damage. Are these people that stupid??

The only bright spot I could think about this situation is that we weren't going to do anything this year anyway and anyone who actually thought we were is delusional. Realistically, we weren't going to be contenders next year too, but we had a better chance than this year. Now, the next two years are out the window. At least by then Hamilton's contract will be up and we will have money to spend.

Trout is going to be on a bad baseball team for the next two years.

Uh oh, you are going to piss a certain someone off with comments like that........

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Good thing we have Sean Newcomb and Chris Ellis in AAA.

But, but, but Simmons' defense is so good we don't need starters worth a flip....he'll get to everything.....I know this sounds stupid but I'd think about trading Simmons before the deadline....you can probably get back Newcomb and Ellis type of prospects for him, maybe even somebody closer to being ready for the majors.....obviously nobody (me included) knew where we'd be in May when the trade was made but boy oh boy.....

Edited by DMVol