• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards needs TJ Surgery and maybe Heaney too

nate

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For you guys that are pissed that the team "lied to us", grow up and get over it.  He came out of a game a week ago.  I highly doubt that this is something as simple as getting an MRI, immediately knowing that it requires surgery and the player immediately coming to grips with this and going under the knife right away.  Does it matter if we know?  Does it change how the team operates?  As Blarg said the only thing it does is raise the acquisition cost of a starting pitcher via trade (assuming we had anything of value to move for a starting pitcher) if you are more desperate.   

You have to admit that "dehydration" is a comically stupid misdirection given the severity of the injury. It's like Arte talking about difficult economics from the yacht parade.

17 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I frankly can't believe this continues to be a topic.

There's been one player that we know of in 40 years of free agency who gave back a penny.  The thought of Albert doing it is insane.

Gil Meche did that and so did Adam Laroche 

So if Albert has the ego that yk, Claude and others have said he has (which I don't really disagree with), then why would he continue to play poorly year after year for the next five years?  What would win out, his ego of milestones or his ego of not performing poorly?  It won't just be about money, he has plenty of that. 

So I wake up on a fine Friday morning and I hear this news to start my day, goddamit!!!!!!!!

Cory Rasmus might end up being a good starter and Nate Smith could get called up but this is a blow that the Angels will have a very difficult time coming back from. Eppler seriously needs to re-tool through trades at the deadline. We cannot waste Trout's years.

Edited by ettin

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

The Angels medical staff is an absolute joke. They say Richards has cramps, dehydration, and fatigue, but he really has a torn UCL and needs Tommy John.

They said Heaney's UCL ligamont was, and I quote, "in tact and sound. Looks fat and healthy". Now he has UCL damage. Are these people that stupid??

The only bright spot I could think about this situation is that we weren't going to do anything this year anyway and anyone who actually thought we were is delusional. Realistically, we weren't going to be contenders next year too, but we had a better chance than this year. Now, the next two years are out the window. At least by then Hamilton's contract will be up and we will have money to spend.

Trout is going to be on a bad baseball team for the next two years.

the medical staff didn't say squat because they are bound by law not to.  It's up to the Angels PR department as to what they want out.  

Don't comment on things you have zero clue about.  

Not really understanding why it's all doom and gloom

Richards is 1-3

Heaney is 0-1

If the reaction is based on what they potentially could be doing, then it's horrible. But to be honest, Richards hasn't been pitching like a true ace.

Of course, I would love to see Richards pitch a full season and be perfectly healthy, but it is what it is.

We're fine.

Go Halos!!!

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

the medical staff didn't say squat because they are bound by law not to.  It's up to the Angels PR department as to what they want out.  

Don't comment on things you have zero clue about.  

Yeah, HIPAA laws apply to professional athletes, too.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So if Albert has the ego that yk, Claude and others have said he has (which I don't really disagree with), then why would he continue to play poorly year after year for the next five years?  What would win out, his ego of milestones or his ego of not performing poorly?  It won't just be about money, he has plenty of that. 

To be that good, to achieve the things he has done, apparently takes an ego the size of Wyoming.

Crap, look at Kobe Bryant.  By some measures, the worst basketball player in the nba not just this past season, but for two seasons.  If you put Kobe under truth serum, do you think he thought he was terrible?  Hell no!

Albert thinks he is awesome today.  He will think he's awesome in five years.  He has a manager who, IMO, does nothing but blow smoke up his ass.  In his mind, he is invaluable.

JMO.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

To be that good, to achieve the things he has done, apparently takes an ego the size of Wyoming.

Crap, look at Kobe Bryant.  By some measures, the worst basketball player in the nba not just this past season, but for two seasons.  If you put Kobe under truth serum, do you think he thought he was terrible?  Hell no!

Albert thinks he is awesome today.  He will think he's awesome in five years.  He has a manager who, IMO, does nothing but blow smoke up his ass.  In his mind, he is invaluable.

JMO.

Ok, you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but be consistent.  So if Albert cares about his stats, and you bring that up a lot, then just a hunch, he knows what his stats are today and last year compared to what they were.  He knows what he is these days, just like he knew what he was. 

10 minutes ago, 19HALO71 said:

Not really understanding why it's all doom and gloom

Richards is 1-3

Heaney is 0-1

If the reaction is based on what they potentially could be doing, then it's horrible. But to be honest, Richards hasn't been pitching like a true ace.

Of course, I would love to see Richards pitch a full season and be perfectly healthy, but it is what it is.

We're fine.

Go Halos!!!

Massive facepalm at this part

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

30 million dollars a year can numb even the biggest embarrassments.

Just now, Nate said:

30 million dollars a year can numb even the biggest embarrassments.

Yes, unless of course you have more money than you will ever spend.  If you were embarrassing yourself at work @Nate, and you could come back and make the same as you did the year before and the year before that and you had enough money to live the rest of your life and do whatever your heart desired in retirement, would you continue to work?  $30 million to him is like your annual income to you, except he has all the money he will ever need already. 

Just sucks because coming into this year I told myself not to have high expectations because on paper this team wasn't that great. But then I saw them play and I saw flashes here and there of a team that MIGHT be able to sneak into the playoffs and perhaps do some damage. But now this, now I can't even fathom us finishing anywhere but in dead last place in the division and we'll be lucky to win 75 games! I can't help but feel terrible for Richards too, the guy can't seem to catch a break, he has so much friggin' potential it's sickening and now this. I have a really bad feeling that things are going to get a lot worse for this franchise in the coming years, like...90's bad again!:crying-fountain:

I highly doubt Pujols will ever walk away from the money.  If it were about his performance he would have retired a couple years ago.

We will just get a bunch of mangs and excuses for another 5 years and 150 million dollars.

Just now, Nate said:

I highly doubt Pujols will ever walk away from the money.  If it were about his performance he would have retired a couple years ago.

We will just get a bunch of mangs and excuses for another 5 years and 150 million dollars.

No he wouldn't have retired a couple of years ago, this year maybe.  Hell what is crazy is considering how back loaded his contract is he has probably earned his contract to date.  Going forward, no way in hell will he.