• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards needs TJ Surgery and maybe Heaney too

nate

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My day started at 3am with a wake up text that my bank card was hijacked. It has gone downhill since.

I'm in the shop getting repairs done again, been here most of the week already.  Then I saw this news. Mother fucker. I'd really like for my car to get fixed relatively cheap.

2 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Not a big Scioscia fan but this is where he shines. He will keep this group together. It's not like we were winning the games Richards started anyway

Sure, he'll keep them together, but they'll still suck. 

I am no authority on this but every pitcher in the Angels organization is taught to make a slider their secondary pitch. The curve is like their fourth option now and you are seeing more and more Tommy John surgeries than ever before. It could be the pitch more than the pitchers like when pitchers tried throwing the forkball (Donnie Moore's signature pitch that made and ruined his career) and blew their shoulders up.

Dehydration....and here I thought he had come down with Mono and they were hiding that---didn't realize the lie was so much worse.

I feel like I am in a Twilight Zone episode....this day really sucks.  I will now drink heavily (but not drive!) while watching the game from a suite Sunday at the stadium.

Unfreakin' believable!! 

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm in the shop getting repairs done again, been here most of the week already.  Then I saw this news. Mother fucker. I'd really like for my car to get fixed relatively cheap.

Did at first you think all that was needed was a little water in the radiator and then the mechanic said you had a broken crankshaft? Because that's the equivalent of this news.

2 minutes ago, Angel_Fan_4_Life said:

Dehydration....and here I thought he had come down with Mono and they were hiding that---didn't realize the lie was so much worse.

I feel like I am in a Twilight Zone episode....this day really sucks.  I will now drink heavily (but not drive!) while watching the game from a suite Sunday at the stadium.

Unfreakin' believable!! 

Kyle Kendricks or Shoemaker starting?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

This is just one of those things. Last year the team was extremely healthy, so this year is injury city. 

Hope they respond well. If there's one thing the Angels are good at, it's fighting adversity. 

We had a really good run with pitcher major arm injuries over a really long time (of MLB starters I only remember Escobar and Skagga going down with UCL or labrum issues in the past decade). The odds said that would change eventually and here we are.

4 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Honestly, since they have no chance now of being competitive until at least 2018. They need to figure out is going to be on the 25 man roster opening day 2018 and trade anyone not on that list for prospects. Might as well rebuild now. I'd rather suck for 2 years with some hope for the future, than suck for 2 years with the farm system they currently have.

Yup. Pretty much seals the deal on this. 
If they aggressively work to improve by then, this team could be in good shape as Trout's current contract comes to a close. Farm could be on the up, payroll could be light, and it may be a bright enough future (with enough money to spend) that they can extend Trout at that time. 

Escobar, Soto, Smith probably will be gone by the deadline. Santiago as well, but they may want to keep some semblance of a rotation. Calhoun is probably in a similar spot to Calhoun - they may keep him just so there's some other positive force on the offensive side should things come together. 

Simmons would bring a good return, but he's one I'd still be a little hesitant to deal. The defense is too good, as is the contract and age and potential. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Did at first you think all that was needed was a little water in the radiator and then the mechanic said you had a broken crankshaft? Because that's the equivalent of this news.

Nah. Had to have the water pump replaced and that went fine, but suddenly there's a mystery vibration they can't seem to figure out. I think the vibration is just money falling out of my wallet.

11 minutes ago, The_Outrunner said:

I can see us signing Kyle Loshe and Tim Lincecum

No way Arte adds anything of significance to the budget. This season was done before it started. We had Skaggs rehabbing, Shoemaker coming down to earth, Heaney was a no show, Richards was declared an Ace without a good enough resume, Wilson is on hold and our offense is way below par. It's going to be a long season but some players will get opportunities that we never expected. Tickets should be really cheap at the break.

Well...I WAS having a bad day already.

Seriously, Heaney should just get the surgery done now.

This season is toast. Next season might not be IF Arte decides to open up the wallet for Strasburg (yeah, I know, Tommy John survivor, yadda yadda...).

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

Cj Wilson being available might help

im down with Lohse

lincecum could be a good 4/5

a rotation of

weaver, Santiago, Wilson, lohse, Lincecum doesn't look half bad 

It looks fucking horrific. I'm sure we will add a cheap arm or two from somewhere but we may as well just ride with that we have. Give Tropeano, Skaggs and Smith extended opportunities, let Santiago do his thing and hope between Wilson, Weaver and Shoemaker we can get a decent starter.